Dogomania

can these breeds be sold for $250-$300?

candycraver

Hey,
My mother and I are interested in getting a new puppy from a friend of ours' nieghbor. They are shihtzu terrier mixes. They are the cutest little things.Anyway they were originally giving them away but today when we went to pick our guy up(6 weeks old) the owner said that shes now charging because she susposedly called a breeder and the breeder said that she can sell them for $250-$300.Is this possible?With the mixed breeds and all or is this a rip-off?

Please respond asap thanks...Any thoughts or opinions are most appreciated.
----Laura

Hi,
:lol: Lol Ya I'll probably be on here more, seeing as I do have 2 other dogs. One is a pure rottie and the others a pitbull/retriever mix. I love my puppies sooo much lol. I used to have a pure shih-tzu but he ran away in a big storm when we had them on a farm.I also have a ferret and 2 inbred cats lol.

I appreciate everyones advice.

----Laura :fadein:

Guest Anonymous

Welcome to Dogo!!
The truth is... You can sell any dog to the right... erm, person, for just about any amount of money. Give it a cute name and call it a new breed...

Hey agian,

Last night I told my mom and she said that she didnt want it anymore. She also said that she could believe it was a rip-off too because the owner had a gambling problem and probably wanted money.The pups had lots of people wanting one because theyre cute so we wont be a loss.Good news though with all of this, were going to the shelter this morning and seeing if there are some small dogs there we would like.
Shelters make me so sad though, because I want them all. :D

----Laura

hey,

Today we I went to the shelter with my mom and sister. We seen the kitties and of course I loved them all and wanted each one but, we were looking for a dog. Then the lady showed us a cute staffordshire bull terrier. He was 2 years old and a little bigger than we wanted but he broke our hearts. He had had a very bad life.This was his third time in the shelter, he had been picked up in a small town because he was abandoned again. :cry: When they first got him he was skin and bones and has slighlty fattened up.We decided this guy was perfect for our family so we adopted him for $125. YAY! His new name is Duke.As for pictures I will post some when my main computer gets out of the shop because it has a webcam. He is the cutest thing :angel:
Thanks for the help.

-----Laura--Special thanks from Duke for helping him find a new home. :wink:

Just like Hmmmm said, anybody can sell anything for any price......they just have to wait for a sucker to come along and pay it...... :wink:

I'm so glad you decided to go the shelter route and adopted Duke !!!
It sounds like he's had kind of a rough time....hopefully he'll bounce back now that he's in a nice loving family !!! :angel:

P.S Do your other dogs like him ??? :D

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm late on this thread, but I had to respond to your first post. You said the pup is ready to go home at 6 weeks of age. Just to let you know, this is much too young to be leaving the mother. A pup should stay with the litter until it is at least 8 weeks of age. Keep this in mind if you are ever looking for a pup...and maybe let this lame breeder know that in order for the pups to develop fully mentally and behaviorally (if you will), they need to stay with the mother until 8 weeks!

:)