Dogomania

The Kiss

HuggyBear

The Kiss...

He had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, while he continued to fight the fire.

She is pregnant.

The firefighter was afraid of her at first, because he had never been around a Doberman before.

When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.

A photographer from the Charlotte, North Carolina newspaper, "The Observer," noticed this red Doberman in the
distance looking at the fireman.

He saw her walking str aight toward the fireman and wondered what she was going to do.

As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had saved her life and the lives of her babies, and kissed him, just as the photographer snapped this photograph.

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/HurricaneKatrina_/1109543075071.jpg[/img]

Well, the picture is real but like LC said, the story is a little off:

[quote]The text that now accompanies e-mailed versions of the photograph is inaccurate in suggesting that Cinnamon was "thanking" firefighter Clark for saving her life "by carrying her out of the house into her front yard." As Clark himself explained, he didn't rescue the dog, and his encounter with her was pure happenstance:

We didn't do anything (special) to save Cinnamon. When we have a house fire, we have to do a primary search. There could be people home and inside. Our first major concern is life safety. That house was full of smoke and we couldn't see it very well. All I saw was a dog run out, and one was (already) in the backyard. I think Cinnamon got out the door herself.
The dog approached me. As soon as I knelt down and took my mask off, Patrick was coming around the corner of the house and took the picture.

Jeff Clark is still with the Charlotte Fire Department. Cinnamon eventually gave birth to five puppies and lived for several more years until she passed away in January 2005. [/quote]

It's still a great picture!

and he still saved her. no, he didnt carry her out, but when they broke into the house to check for survivors, she was able to escape. she would have died, and all the puppies would have died, otherwise. she also chose to come up to him, after he had removed his mask, and did lick him. he was sitting down, tired and breathless, and she approached him.
and licked him.

8)

[quote name='Malamum']:-? The picture has been doctored too. They are covered in much more ash is the one posted above compared to the original on the site LC posted.[/quote]

You're right; I hadn't even noticed that. Why did they feel they had to doctor the picture anyway? It was a great picture regardless of what exactly happened.