Dogomania

Titan Bulldogges

JessieM05

yes i have searched all over the internet. if you wanna see some pictures a good web site is [url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/titanbulldogge.htm[/url]

but you can also search the breed name and find a couple other sites. most of the pictures are of the same dog though and there isn't a place that i've been able to find that gives breeder information. i have found a couple other pictures of other dogs but they are few and far between.

I agree, AAP. :-? :x

Look, Jessie, maybe you want to consider another breed. Is there any particular reason you like this one so much?

Heres a good Renascence Bulldogge kennel.
[url]http://www.gargoylebulldogs.com[/url]

Im not a big fan of all these mixes so Id suggest just going to a bulldog breeder, or maybe even some other bully or mastiff breeder. Just steer clear of the bad breeders. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Another designer MUTT.

Honestly I would love to know when you have met one of these dogs? What makes them such wonderful dogs over the millions of Bully mixes in shelters!

Thank You to those of you who are honestly trying to help me. For the rest of you... I made this post with the hopes of finding the dog I want. Maybe there are "too many bully breeds" but the bulldog is a beautiful dog with health problems that keep some fans from owning one. While some people take it to the extreme, it is nice that there are options out there. I happen to own one "glorified mutt" as it is and he is the best dog I have ever owned. I fell in love with the titan bulldogge the first time I saw a picture and I see no problem with wanting to own one. You don't see me criticizing anything about your choice in dogs and if you had posted what I did I would have honestly tried to help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few things to clear up for all the people who act like they know everything about dogs and the many breeds and who fail to realize that they are not nearly as intelligent as they try and portray...

I've never said that there is ANYTHING wrong with getting a dog from a shelter. Unfourtunatley I live in a small town with few choices in the shelter and I've looked elsewhere in the past. I do own a mutt, as a matter of fact she is a border collie mix and she too is a great dog. I also want a certain breed of dog this time and DO NOT WANT just any dog from a shelter. AGAIN, let me clarify that I do not think there is anything wrong with dogs in shelters, this time it just isn't for me.

As for the comment...what will I do with it when I can no longer take care of it.... Well what are you going to do with your dog when you can't take care of it? I don't know. Maybe I'll leave my babies to a family member. My dogs are my children and I'm sure anyone in my life would be happy to have them. Your comment has nothing to do with anything so from now on just keep irrelevant questions to yourself. You have only proved that there is such a thing as a stupid question...

Also, I never said I would find a dog without health problems. Every dog regardless of breed or lineage will eventually have some type of health problem. What I am trying to avoid is the almost guaranteed problems that arise in English Bulldogs.

I do my research and that is one of the reasons I posted on this website. I was hoping to receive invaluable information and help in making sure to avoid the breeders who have given a bad name to bully breeds. I too agree that they are manipulative and out to make money instead of providing quality dogs.

Dogbreedinfo is not my only source. I did see a dog I was intrested in there but I did not accept their information as definitive and 110% correct. Again, this is why I posted here so that I could get a variety of information. I am not going to just any breeder, I have only been in serious contact with Nino, the original creator and breeder of the Titan Bulldogge. And not that any of you care, but if it eases your mind at all... He is very careful with who he allows to breed his dogs and who he allows to purchase them. He is aware of the problems that can arise and knows that there are people who want to use his dogs for the wrong reasons. To be honest I think there are only something like 4 breeders total right now.

And finally, his breed was not created over night. He took time and also did his research. What you fail to realize is that there are good apples out there. It is by no means easy to find them, because unfourtunately a few bad apples have ruined the bunch, but the search and research is very much worth the effort.

I'm sure Nino would be willing to talk to any of you to let you know about what he does and why. I am nervous however to put his email on here because of the way I'm sure some of you will treat him. I have not gotten any respect as a fellow dog lover on this site and I would not intentionally put anyone else through it.

You can however view his website and I would be happy to give that information to any of you who are intrested.

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']You guys do realize that by what youre doing, hes just going to ignore you all and get one anyway, right? Why dont you all try to educate him? :-? I stand behind you all 100%, but thats only because I know what everyone here already knows, this guy doesnt. :wink:

I get frustrated too, but its not helping anything. :wink:[/quote]

Thank you so much. I do plan on getting one regardless of what people on here say because like they keep telling me to do.. i get my information from more than one source. I also get very frustrated because I don't think anyone is really reading what I write. Everyone on here is so preoccupied with fussing at me for wanting a certain dog that they have failed to offer the good advice I know that they all have.

( By the way.. I am female, not that it really matters I just have one of those names :D )

Oh sorry Jessie... I assumed you were a guy. :oops:

Again, cant say I agree with going to a breeder (especially one of a "new" breed) but Ill try to help out. It sounds like the breeder is being responsible with who gets his dogs but make sure to talk to him a lot more before you think about buying. See if he health tests, does he stay in contact with people who buy his pups, ask him how often he breeds, how many dogs does he have on his property, does he breed a bitch before shes ready (2 years), etc. etc.

Good luck! Im sorry you havent had a good experience coming here. :( We really are a great bunch I swear it! :wink: We just are really tired of people going to BYBs and puppymills for dogs as well as frustrated with hearing about all these new breeds.

Guest Anonymous

Jessie-

I fully respect your decsion to purchase a dog from a breeder. Allow me to ask you a few questions about the person/kennel you are purchasing from:

1) What health testiing has been done on the parents?

2) What are the scores from these tests and who are they recorded with?

3) What kind of contract does he offer in regards to gentic issues that show up later in life?

4)What kind of screening processes does he have for prospective homes?

5) What does the breeder offer if for some reason you cant keep the dog due to circumstances beyond your control (You know like a hurricane wiping out your home and/or job?)

6) Does he offer any of his pups on spay/neuter contract?

7) What kind of performance/conformation title do his dogs have?

8) What makes his particular dogs worth breeding?

These are questions that are not meant to offend or upset. They are just questions I have to ask.

Of course it's entirely your choice as to what you want in a dog, however I think the idea of crossing four breeds know on various levels for having breathing/heart problems, bad hips, and bad elbows in order to get a "healthy" dog is not among the smartest. All of the breeds involved have high incidences of hip and elbow dysplasia, and the dogs shown as Titan Bulldogs have the same brachycephalic muzzle that causes breathing/cooling problems for other breeds with the same. Couple that with the fact that those developing the breed seemingly do no health clearances, and it makes it even more plausible that the whole "trying to make a bulldog type dog without the health problems" line sound like a bunch of BS.

Sounds like you are really interested in doing your research. Welcome to the board!

I'm a Jessi too, only with no e. :lol:[/quote]

Thanks for noticing! I really am. I really don't want to support the "breeders" who are just out for money. And I of course don't want to spend all that money for something that isn't a "good" dog. I have good intentions, and I want to go about it the right way, I just disagree with some of the people on the board that won't see that.

Guest Mutts4Me

Good luck with your new dog, whatever you decide to do. I hope you'll understand everyone's disillusionment with all the "new" "Old/e" bulldogs popping up in the hybrid craze...

[url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/oldeenglishbulldogge.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/oldevictorianbulldogge.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/originalenglishbulldogge.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/dorsetoldetymebulldogge.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/larsonlakeviewbulldogge.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/valleybulldog.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/victorianbulldog.htm[/url]

Guest Anonymous

You know what really irks me...
They call these dogs their own breeds. I didnt look at all of them but the ones I did ranged from being bred over 25 years to 7 years :o . IMO, it takes a lot longer than that to "make a breed". ticks me off these registries support these people. SHows what they are in it for.