Dogomania

VA State Fair/Classic K-9s Extreme Team

Carolk9s

Well we've been having a blast! The Classic K-9s Extreme team has been in town for the VA State Fair.
They travel around the country, their website is: [url]http://www.classick9.com/index.html[/url]
I've taken Candy out a couple of times. We run a very simple but very fast course then we have a high jump competition. Candy gets faster each time we run the course and has jumped higher each time we do the high jump.
Last Thursday, her best high jump was 36 inches, keep in mind she is only 18 inches tall. This afternoon, she cleared 40 inches. This evening, she sailed over 44 inches! When the bar was raised to 48, she clearly said 'you must be outta yer mind!' :D
Tonight we had a straight line of low jumps, then had to race around 3 barrels, and back down the line of jumps to a table. Thank goodness Candy does a great GO GO GO! as there is no way I could keep up with her.
Also tonight, a Saluki set a new record for the state of VA at (I think) 58 inches.
It's been great fun. They wanted us back tomorrow, when I said we could not make, the guy running the show said, 'I want my star dog here!' I promised I'd try my best to come back Sunday evening after our agility trials.
Hopefully I'll have some photos to share soon.