Dogomania

Jesse is 14 today!

Carolk9s

Jesse is 14 today. Everyone got scrambled eggs this morning in honor of his birthday. [color=red]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BOY![/color] :bday:

More than once in the past year I have wondered if he would still be with me on this date. Earlier this year, when he spent 4 days in the ICU deathly ill, I truly thought I would be saying goodbye to him. 11 ½ months ago, I figured 13 was pretty much locked in but had serious doubts about 14.

Well my best beloved boy is still here and at times surprises me with his silly games and attitude. He still loves going to the park and Petsmart. He still jumps into the van when we are doing somewhere but I lift him out so he does not stumble and fall. This irks him, he tries every time to get around me to jump out on his own. Last time he did get by me, he did a face plant into the gravel so it’s the RULE that I lift him.

He still watches me leave for work in the morning through the gap in the fence. It’s been terribly hot this summer and I have wished he would stay inside but it is his ritual to watch me leave. I generally come home at lunch and he is stretched out on his bed in the living room. Once roused, he brings me his bowl, ready for his midday snack. When I come home in the evening, he’s at the fence, face to the gap, waiting for me.

He’s rather picky about eating breakfast so I usually sit on the floor and hand feed him. Come dinnertime, he still rushes to his place and impatiently shifts from foot to foot waiting to be served. He expects his morning cookie, his after dinner greenie, and his bedtime cookie. He still watches me, sometimes to see if I am about to go ANYWHERE or sometimes just gazing at me from his bed.

As we are finally getting a cooler day, Jesse gets to go to an agility trial tomorrow. Not to compete <smile> but to just meet and greet. He'll love it.