Dogomania

aspen update

rotten_two

ok so aspen had his skin punch biopsies (oh yes that is plural) yesterday. as i said before this is not our normal vet but this woman does all the surgical procedures at the practice. lemme just say i don't like her! she is late 40s early 50s and oh my gosh she had on hooker red lipstick and it was on her teeth too!

she and all the techs could not get over how great aspen was during the procedure. they didn't have to give him full anesthesia so that is a good thing. she shaved a huge portion on his back and she took 2 punch tests, 1 skin scraping and a pus smear. she put metal sutures in to close the holes. metal! metal? wtf? why would you use metal? he could get them caught on his blankie and hurt himself? annoyed i am. i took pictures but i didn't have time to download them yet. he was so pitiful and pretty groggy all day.

ok so back to the retarded vet . . . after asp was done and receiving subq fluids she talked to us. remember she is coming in to a game already in progress but she thinks she knows it all. so she starts in on how she read his file and this is what she thinks blah blah blah. then she suggests we might change his food. everybody sit down for a second -- she wants us to change from the honest kitchen freeze dried organic diet to PURINA! i damn near lost my mind! how dare she tell me to put him on purina. i didn't hear anything after that cause my eyes rolled back in my head and i was having full body convulsions. hunny said he knew i was boiling. then she says would you like us to clip his nails? fuck no! bring me my baby this minute.

he has an appt with his REAL vet in a week and we can see then what the tests have shown.

Our vet used the metal staples on Chaos, and he said they were much safer and wouldn't ever get infected. It was MUCH easier removing them then regular stitches too, no cutting it out, they use this gun thingie thats completely painless as it just straightens the staple and pulls it right out.

I would have been p*ssed about the purina thing though!