Dogomania

Wanted: Free Mixed Puppies

Guest Mutts4Me

Guest Mutts4Me

Guess what's in my local paper today? An ad requesting free mixed puppies with the promise to find them "good homes." What do you think? It is a city riden with dog fighting, so it could be an attempt at "bait" dogs, or we were also thinking they could be trying to get mixed puppies, slap cute names on them and make a huge profit with designer pups. Any guesses?

Oh yeah, who wants the #? 810 - 223 - 1926

:Dog_run:

Well, I called. His message does end with "God Bless" He did call me back, his name is Wayne and he claims to be with a rescue group-no name given. He lives about one mile from Detroit and claims they have a shortage of puppies in the area. He said he is in the Flint area. I made a story up about Beagle puppies and my hubby drives trucks to Flint from here (he saw the area code)

He claims they are having problems with people disposing of puppies in various ways and they are trying to give people an alternative to doing that by taking the pups off their hands. Hmmmm.

He sounds like a nice older man. He also ended our conversation with God Bless and thank you for calling.

I have no idea what to think.

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='schippsmom'] He lives about one mile from Detroit and claims they have a shortage of puppies in the area. He said he is in the Flint area. I made a story up about Beagle puppies and my hubby drives trucks to Flint from here (he saw the area code) [/quote]

Wow, thanks for having the guts to call! First off, have to say that Flint is an hour and a half from the closest part of Detroit, so living in the Flint area but a mile out of Detroit is BS. Secondly, there is no shortage of puppies in Flint, nor is there a shortage of puppies in the Detroit area. One of the many local rescue groups in the Flint area comes into Petsmart (where I work) every Saturday with dogs, kitties, and oh yeah, puppies in need of homes. Hmm.

Except for lost pets, I think ads shouldnt be allowed in the newspaper about animals. Stuff like this is just frustrating. :x Theyre not just something to be tossed around like trash or to make a profit off of. :evil: :cry:

Good idea to tell rescues. Maybe they can warn people about this guy or maybe theyve heard something about a weird ad in the paper.. :-?