Dogomania

Shilo Update

Seijun

Well, I tried the fence thing. It worked!! We all hated it though. Especially the fence, which now looks like it was attacked by a beaver (Shilo chewed it up quite a bit—it was the only thing she could reach, luckily). We had her head up tight against one pole, and another leash tying her back end to another pole. Poor baby was absolutely terrified; her pupils were huge, she was slobbering, panting, and smelling like a skunk the entire time. She nearly broke her leg when she managed to turn herself upside down and get her hind leg through the fence. I felt so bad for her. We got her back end shaved and cleaned. Put some anti-biotics on it and some baby powder as temporary relief until we get a better powder. She came off more concerned with licking off all the powder than in attacking us for revenge. Right now she is just shunning us to the best of her ability—it feels like way back when we first got her—we can touch her, but for all intents and purposes, she treats us like we don't exist. I hope she gets over it soon, I want my companion back! :cry:

~Seij