Dogomania

Re is afraid of me

schippsmom

:Dog_run:

OK guys, as some of you know I went ditch rolling and now have a cast(big black boot) and crutches. Now I have a problem that I thought would go away by now. It's been five days.

Re is deathly afraid of the crutches and barks when I use them. Of course they fell down right next to him when he went to sniff them. And he wants nothing to do with the cast. When I'm on the couch I cover it and it's fine, he jumps all over me. But at night I have to have it out from under the covers and he won't even look at me. He sniffed it once but backed off right away.

When I let him out he's afraid to walk past it and I have to kind of hide it behind the door.

Any one ever delt with this or have suggestions??

When I went to meet Jackie before I adopted her, I was recuperating from a dislocated/sprained knee and ankle. I was out of the wheelchair by that time but I was still on crutches and with a mechanical knee brace. And my dad who came with me was wearing a mask because he had cancer and the cold air bothered him. And my brother who came with me has a beard (I guess that freaks some dogs out). Luckily none of that bothered Jackie.

I think the treats in the crutches sounds like a good idea. Good luck!

the treats in the crutches are a good idea. also, put a few on your cast and let your pup come up and get them, then praise. its just that your pup has never seen you like this, and is uncertain.

crutches are fairly common around here.I'm a klutz and my son is a helion. Free just knows from experience to go around them...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: