Dogomania

Dahlila got chipped!

Finaly! We had it done at the vets during her appoinment. They didn't have it at the vets office when Dahlila was a puppy. She got her bordetella and Rabies today also. Except for her front teeth being a little yellow she's healthy. We just got to go out a pet supplie store to get some doggie toothpaste. We also made appointments for Cinco and Lizzie in a few weeks. On the plus side Cinco got a treat!

Good for you, the peace of mind will definitely pay off, knowing you have a permanent ID in place should you be seperated from her by accident.

[quote]Good for Dahlila, but don't forget to register it[/quote]
No kidding. I had Annie done at the SPCA walk in spring, and was told via email before the event and at the actual booth that they were handling the registration (filled out the form and handed it in right there), and it was included in the fee. I thought that was all there was to it til I tried to access it online to update the contact list and found out she's not even registered. Called the SPCA and they told me that they weren't responsible for registering the chip.... when they'd taken the registration form from me at the stand! So who knows how many other people got their dogs done at the same place and their dogs weren't registered (I'm going to have to get another form sent and pay again).... definitely make sure it gets done.

And make sure you not only register it, butthat you're in the right database as well! We used Home Again for years, and the registry was run by the AKC. Well, this past year, Home Again has started their own registry, so now there are two different databases that your dog can be found through.
Here are the two Home Again registries, you can register your pup on both, but we still use AKC Recovery as our main database.

[url]https://www.akccar.org/cares-pub/enrollment.car[/url]

[url]https://www.homeagainid.com/enroll/today.cfm[/url]

[quote name='gooeydog']Good for you, the peace of mind will definitely pay off, knowing you have a permanent ID in place should you be seperated from her by accident.

[quote]Good for Dahlila, but don't forget to register it[/quote]
No kidding. I had Annie done at the SPCA walk in spring, and was told via email before the event and at the actual booth that they were handling the registration (filled out the form and handed it in right there), and it was included in the fee. I thought that was all there was to it til I tried to access it online to update the contact list and found out she's not even registered. Called the SPCA and they told me that they weren't responsible for registering the chip.... when they'd taken the registration form from me at the stand! So who knows how many other people got their dogs done at the same place and their dogs weren't registered (I'm going to have to get another form sent and pay again).... definitely make sure it gets done.[/quote]

Thanks I'll ask about that on Saturday at their Wag Walk because I think they said something about Cinco where all they needed was our info in the computer and they'd send the info to AVID.

[quote]And make sure you not only register it, butthat you're in the right database as well! We used Home Again for years, and the registry was run by the AKC. Well, this past year, Home Again has started their own registry, so now there are two different databases that your dog can be found through.
Here are the two Home Again registries, you can register your pup on both, but we still use AKC Recovery as our main database. [/quote]

I'm going to use the homeagain website to register my babies because they all have different brands. Elmbrook did use Avid so Cinco has an AVID chip in him(in the wrong spot btw :roll: ),Dahlila has Homeagain and Lizzie pretty sure we'll use Homeagain. And the ID website has a list of other companies they work with on the site.

My question is that we paid about $36.00 for the chip For Dahlila and we paid about $90.00 last december for Cinco's adoption. On the website it said we have to pay about $17.00 for the enrollment fee. Did we pay for that when we paid $36.00 for Dahlila's chip? And Elmbrook puts the cost of the chip in with the adoption fee so would we still have to pay for Cinco's enrollment also?[/code]

[quote]My question is that we paid about $36.00 for the chip For Dahlila and we paid about $90.00 last december for Cinco's adoption. On the website it said we have to pay about $17.00 for the enrollment fee. Did we pay for that when we paid $36.00 for Dahlila's chip? And Elmbrook puts the cost of the chip in with the adoption fee so would we still have to pay for Cinco's enrollment also?[/code][/quote]

No, the enrollment fee is separate from the actual chip implanting itself. i.e., our adoption fee covers the chip and implantment, but the adopters must cover the 12.50 enrollment fee.

[quote name='Lokipups'][quote]My question is that we paid about $36.00 for the chip For Dahlila and we paid about $90.00 last december for Cinco's adoption. On the website it said we have to pay about $17.00 for the enrollment fee. Did we pay for that when we paid $36.00 for Dahlila's chip? And Elmbrook puts the cost of the chip in with the adoption fee so would we still have to pay for Cinco's enrollment also?[/code][/quote]

No, the enrollment fee is separate from the actual chip implanting itself. i.e., our adoption fee covers the chip and implantment, but the adopters must cover the 12.50 enrollment fee.[/quote]
Wow I have to pay $17.50 for mine. I have to wait till I can get hold of atleast $30.00.