Dogomania

Thank you, dogs

Lucky Chaos

So I come home today, greet the dogs and let them out on their tie outs (still don't have a gate for the yard). I go down to the basement and notice it stinks, walk into the computer room and find a big pile of dog poop. Okay, no biggie someone couldn't hold it, likely Riley or Chaos. I pick it up, go put it in the trash outside and a piece falls from the bag and onto my foot. Yuck. Clean my foot thoroughly, and go spray the floor with orange antibacterial stuff. Well that works... not. Now the whole room reeks of orange dog sh*t!

Anyone know how to get dog poop smell out of the carpet?

I'm the last of the die-hards with ten dogs and still have carpet in my house. I WANT something else, but in the meantime... :-?

The gee golly best thing I've ever used that would take anything out of carpet including the smell was called Equalizer. I've only ever seen my vet carry it, though, so I don't know if it's only a vet thing, but I've never seen it in any other store locally. It's fanfreakintastic.

Also, if you've gotten all the poo out, you can often get by by just saturating the spot with vinegar, let it soak through pretty good, and blot up. It'll smell like vomit for a bit, but once the vinegar dries, the smell is usually gone, and I've never had vinegar discolor my carpet (best to test in a small spot, though, I suppose).

I've used these even when all ten of my dogs were blowing out all over the place with e coli infections, and it did take the smell out... eventually. :oops:

Oh! Oh! I just thought of something else I've tried that works like a charm. I have one of those little handheld Bissell spot cleaners. You can use the carpet cleaner that's made for them, but I've found that nothing in the world works better than a splash of Pine Sol (I like the lavender scented) diluted with water. I never would have thought to use that on carpet, but my best friend who is a lot braver than me tried it first, and it worked like a charm. If you don't have a spot cleaner, you can just make some up in a spray bottle and spray it on, scrub it really good... and then blot up with clean towels until it's gone? You're going to want to get it out somehow. You'd also better make for darn skippy that it's diluted well, or it will foam and you'll play h*ll trying to get it out. It hasn't discolored my carpet at all, but I'd definitely try it on an inconspicuous spot first since it's off label use. I love the crap out of the lavender Pine Sol (or rather it's cheap, no name alternative).