Dogomania

the intuition of dogs - this is interesting

imported_Kat

This is interesting and if i felt better i would do more research on it. Where I'm staying at Susan's house she has 2 shelties. The older one Meghann is 5 yrs old and usually stand offish to people she doesn't know. When I was sick she never left my side all that day on wednesday last week and kept licking my face which likely kept me conscious. When the paramedics came later that day, everyone says that Megs turned nasty. She had her front paws on my chest and she wouldn't move. Nobody could pull her off me. When they finally got her away and the paramedics took me she ran around barking like a maniac looking confused. Thats the way that susan's husband described her

Since ive been home she has been acting weird and will hardly go out even to pee. Everytime i get out of bed to go to the bathroom or to the computer she is barking wild fury at me. I'm still doped up on these fricking drugs but im trying mind over matter. I'm not steady on my feet and thats kinda weird but shes barking at me as if its a warning.?

Last night I had another seizure but it was only a petit mal one and not too bad. Before it happened i felt dizzy in bed and susan and geoff and their daughter Angie was there beside me. Megs was snapping at anyone who came near me and i mean she really meant business. It was like she predicted it coming. When I came to she was again snapping at everyone and only settled when i stroked her. Its fascinating that shes doing this, and i truly think that she can detect the change in brain wave activity even before i start feeling that odd feeling in me.

I just thought i would share with you all. Dogs never cease to amaze me.

[quote]Its fascinating that shes doing this, and i truly think that she can detect the change in brain wave activity even before i start feeling that odd feeling in me.[/quote]

I think so too Kat. I've heard of dogs doing this, and there are some people who have special service dogs just for the purpose of predicting seizures. I can imagine how much of a comfort it would be to have time to "prepare" for the seizure.

absolutely correct Kat. and I hope she stays near you at all times until you get better.

dogs have been trained (trained being a bad word, the ones "chosen"already showed they had the talent) to predict epileptic attacks, strokes, insulin reactions and seizures like you had. when you get better definitely research it. its a facsinating study.

hope ur better real soon.

8)

p.s. those dogs are considered service dogs and are allowed to go where you go in almost every case.

Dogs never cease to amaze me with their natural instincts and tuition. I've seen several programs on Animal Planet about assistance dogs who warn their humans of impending seizures. And like Court said, they are definitely considered assistance dogs and must be allowed everywhere with their person.

I'm so glad that you have her there with ypu while you're recuperating, Kat, and glad that you're starting to feel better.