Dogomania

Off the Chain (underground pit fighting documentary)

[img]http://www.doggienews.com/lib/off-the-chain.jpg[/img]
[i]HSUS West Coast Regional Director Eric Sakach says, "This film goes inside the belly of the beast, and the beast isn't the pit bull terrier, it's man. This is the ultimate betrayal of man's best friend. The director exposes the fastest growing crime in America—dogfighting. Off the Chain is a horrifying glimpse into the world where the special relationship between man and dog has been perverted."[/i]

Overall it seems to be good news for the pit bull, spreading the message that its bad owners and not bad dogs. :wink:

Heres the point of view of real dogmen (some only claiming to be):
[url=http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7751]Game-dog Forum[/url]

[url=http://www.hsus.org/hsus_field/animal_fighting_the_final_round/off_the_chain_reveals_betrayal_of_mans_best_friend_2.html]HSUS Review[/url]
[url=http://www.offthechain-movie.com/]Official Website[/url]

Personally, I really want to see this video and get my own opinion of it. Sounds like they only got inside fighting scenes from street fights though... :x

Sorry to double post, but from what I read the documentary seems to be targeting the street thugs that fight Pits. Why are people complaining that the director didn't get real dogmen into the documentary? To show people that dogs can be fought safely or something? Sorry, just really confused here (maybe its because I haven't seen it). :-?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Sorry to double post, but from what I read the documentary seems to be targeting the street thugs that fight Pits. Why are people complaining that the director didn't get real dogmen into the documentary? To show people that dogs can be fought safely or something? Sorry, just really confused here (maybe its because I haven't seen it). :-?[/quote]

Dogmen rarely allow cameras near the pit, or even around their dogs. And especially not someone who they havent known for a long time.
Street thugs dont care who watch or video their dogs, as they dont care for their dogs.
I have several pictures, but only a few involve dogs in a pit or even the yards of the dogmen. Most are just of the men and women.

I cannot understand why anyone actually wants to view this video?
What is it you hope to understand or gain from seeing what you already know is ugly footage of dogs tearing into one another?
What educational value due you expect to gain?
Or is it the base nature of mankind, we WANT to see that which disgusts us and makes us cringe? Like many going past a horrible accident on the roadside craning their necks for a better view?
Just curious.

Guest Anonymous

I want to see it because I would like to see for myself how exactly they portray matching dogs... or I should say fighting dogs.
I honestly wish someone would come out with a good documentary interviewing real dogmen and what they go through with their dogs.

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']I'd really like to watch it, where can I order it from?[/quote]

The last link I posted, has the DVD/video for sale for 14.95. If you try looking other places (ebay, etc.) you can probably get it cheaper. :wink:

Hmmmm, I agree. Its sad because people are going to think this is what real dogmen are like. Apparently the one guy they interviewed won best in show so some people think hes really great. :roll:
Although, maybe its not a good idea for the public to know theres a not so awful way of fighting. :-? Wouldnt that just open up the game to more thugs?

Carol, the whole video isnt just about fighting. It goes into detail about the hoistory of the APBT and is showing it as a great dog, trying to dismiss the myths and rumors behind it being a "bad" breed and show its bad owners instead. For me, my reason behind wanting to see it is see what Bobby Brown has passed off as real dogmen.
....I think these people are as bad as the thugs just throwing a bunch of pits together and expecting a show, but yet they seem to be using game dogs. They try to pass themselves of as dogmen but they dont care about their dogs at all. Its truely sick. :evil:

[quote name='Hmmmm']I want to see it because I would like to see for myself how exactly they portray matching dogs... or I should say fighting dogs.
I honestly wish someone would come out with a good documentary interviewing real dogmen and what they go through with their dogs.[/quote]

Did you not just say that most "real" dogmen/dogwomen(?) don't let cameras near their pit and/or dogs? So how could an "accurate" documentary be produced? As dogfighting is ILLEGAL, that would give you all away, would it not? So you're going to just have to live with the fact that the general public will have this perception that dogfighting is bad. Which, of course, it patently is. Let us not have any romanticisation of past dogmen and look through the history of dogfighting with rose-coloured glasses.