Dogomania

Pit Bull Wrestling?

__crazy_canine__

I'm not Pit expert, so maybe I have no right to talk, but isn't there something working "against" the dog? Esp. with a muzzle on, wouldn't it be harder for the dog to wrestle allowing you to test for gameness? I hear they do this with dogs in Japan, too. Does anyone have the link?

I'd really like to see a Dogmen's POV on this, too. :) Sounds interesting.

[quote name='__crazy_canine__'] it doesnt preserve gameness and whats a dog without its teeth? :roll:
[/quote]

When I would assist with K9 training, we'd muzzle the dogs on several occasions when they were doing take downs.

This shows the dog he/she has to learn to not depend on JUST teeth. They need to use the force of their body and their paws/legs to assist them.

And a 70 pound Malinois hitting you in the kidneys is going to drop you like a brick!!!

:D

See, I get that dogs should learn to use their bodyforce in addition to their teeth but heres my problem with this... [quote]Esp. with a muzzle on, wouldn't it be harder for the dog to wrestle allowing you to test for gameness? [/quote] In a roll, without using their teeth it would take A LOT longer for the dog to lose its energy enough to test gameness. I mean a pit's main tool is its jaws. Its like us trying to wrestle with our arms tied behind our backs. Can you imagine how long that would take to claim a winner?
Also, their life isnt in danger which is an element in proving gameness.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='ObedienceGrrl'][quote name='__crazy_canine__']. Its like us trying to wrestle with our arms tied behind our backs. Can you imagine how long that would take to claim a winner?.[/quote]

Unless I was wrestling a guy and I just kicked him in the balls.....

Then I'd win!

:D[/quote]
:lol:

The dogs the japanese have are Tosas. HUGE dogs. They arent bred to be game in any way. They sure are pretty though.
Dogs know when they cant get to another dog. Its like my dogs. they can see each other but know they cant get to one another so they dont sit there and go crazy all day.
Also, wrestling ability would be out the door if the dogs couldnt get a hold. there would just be a standoff.