Dogomania

We are alive and in Safety Harbor Florida

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all.

Aww man Jessie! I really thought you were closer. My other bright idea was that Friday night me and hubby would hunt you and Drew down so I could find a good place to drink! :-)

I appreciate all the support. I"m glad every knows that the decisions I made were not made easily. I wish my father in law had given me more time to work on placement but from what I know the place they went is wonderful.

I did hear from the shelter group I'm with they are pleading with volunteers who have fosters at this time to contact any and all rescue groups. I've offered to help as much as I can through the weekend. I start working Monday so I'll be out of contact with everyone else. We believe most people went to Houston or Dallas but are waiting on phone confirmation from them. As of latelast night there were about 45 volunteers who hadn't checked in.

[quote name='Tammy'] As of latelast night there were about 45 volunteers who hadn't checked in.[/quote]

Well, again....I'm glad you are safe and I know that I don't think ANY less of you for the difficult decisions that you had to make.

I hope you hear from your volunteers.

We have a rep in Gulfport that didn't get out. She stayed behind with her dogs and cats (and birds) because she couldn't fit everyone in her two door Buick.

No one has heard from her and we are begining to panic.

tammy our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! unfortunately when i was a teenager we had to run a couple times from flooding also -- thankfully tho we had my grandmas house to go to and keep our pets safe. i can't imagine your stress. beyond this i dunno what i can say to help except that i am sorry this happened to you.

Guest Anonymous

Late posting I know, but I'm glad to hear that you all are safe. I can imagine how difficult your decisions had to be and I'm sorry that you had to be put through that. I think you did not only the only thing you could, but the right thing for the animals too. I'll be keeping you and yours in my thoughts.

Dammit! I knew I should have checked back earlier and seen this. :(

I'm so so glad you're ok but I feel awful about you having to give up your animals. :(

If it makes you feel any better I live in Largo and the ASPCA is the nicest shelter in this area, from what I've seen. They will be well cared for there.

Please message me if there's anything at all I can do to help you and your family!!!

ps...If ya need to get out and have a few drinks, DH is a bartender down on the beach in Indian Shores ( a bar called the Blue Marlin). He'll take care of ya ;)

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Smooshie']Dammit! I knew I should have checked back earlier and seen this. :(

I'm so so glad you're ok but I feel awful about you having to give up your animals. :(

If it makes you feel any better I live in Largo and the ASPCA is the nicest shelter in this area, from what I've seen. They will be well cared for there.

Please message me if there's anything at all I can do to help you and your family!!!

ps...If ya need to get out and have a few drinks, DH is a bartender down on the beach in Indian Shores ( a bar called the Blue Marlin). He'll take care of ya ;)[/quote]

If I can get the in laws to watch the kids I might take you up on that :-)

Thanks Smooshie and everyone you've been so wonderful! If nothing else I know you all will make me smile.