Dogomania

We are alive and in Safety Harbor Florida

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

But with my father in law whom I hate. He has given me until friday to place 9 of my cats and 4 of my dogs. I'm sick and really don't know whatelse to say.

Oh yeah I probably am really homeless...whichi is the ONLY damn reason I took his ultimatum but I WILL NOT LIVE IN THIS HELL HOLE!

Tammy! I'm so glad you're safe! I HATE that you're in the position you're in. I was wondering if your critters were through your rescue group, but then I realized (big fat DUH) that the people you work with are probably in the same shape as you and unable to take critters. I don't even know why that went through my mind other than it's late and I'm stuck on stupid.

I wish there was something I could do to help. Is there no reasoning with the man? Will he not negotiate somehow? Man, I hate this! I don't know where in FL that is. I could probably take a dog that gets along well with other dogs, and maybe a cat, but I don't have any way to take them all since I'm pretty much wall to wall dogs and cats now.

Let me know if I can help. I'll do whatever I can which may not be much. :(

Guest Anonymous

One dog did return to it's foster group. Delta is now with NASRN.

thanks HF but he's a big huge HORSES ASS and that's an insult to the horse.

I'm burned out, tired, beat down and depressed.

I am so very tired but I can't sleep.

I'm Ontario but if I could find a way to get a critter out here I'd take one till you got back on your feet. (I've to do some fast talking to the roomies first of course.)

Anyway glad to hear you're all alive. Thank you so much for checking in.

Couple questions if you're up to them:
Were you insured?
What critters (names, sexes, breeds etc) do you need to place?
Are you looking for re-homing or temporary placements for some or all?

Sheesh, I can't begin to imagine how it'd feel to just get everyone out safe and then be told you have to be seperated anyway :( Shame on your father-in-law. Do the animals just need fosters until you can get back on your feet? Or permanent homes? I can crosspost to PBP and some other boards, don't know how much help it'd be, but I imagine your time online is limited, and with such a short time to figure things out, anything might help. Sorry you're being put through all this, and hope your family has no more hardships dumped on you.

EDIT to add a thread with offers to help pet owners in LA, maybe this person can give you a hand?
[url]http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=24915[/url]

Very happy to see you are safe and sound, Tammy!

I'm so sorry that you are stuck with the father-in-law. You would think he could scrape up a little empathy and support from somewhere and ease off on the ultimatum. :-?

I hope you're not homeless..... :cry:

[quote name='Jessashelony']Goo, did you post this on ARC?[/quote]
I'll do it right now, I'm a member there too.

*Edited to add

Sasha, you beat me to it, thanks!
Tammy, I'm glad to hear that you guys are safe too, hang tight, we'll all try to help with the furry crew.

Tammy, is there any way you could board them temporarily? I'd be more than happy to help you out with it. Theres a facility in Safety Harbor, as well as a few others in the area, check this website out,
[url]http://www.kennelsboarding.com/dog-boarding/city/us/fl/florida/safety--harbor/dog-boarding.html[/url] .

Lol, s'ok :lol: .

And I don't know how close she is to Safety Harbor, but this may be worth looking into.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:19 pm
Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lori Hoffman with Heidi's Legacy is located in Lithia, FL . She said that she has room for any animals that need help. You can contact her

[email][email protected][/email] .

She has 10 acres of land and kennels. Please contact her if she can be of assistance.. Big dogs welcome!

Actually this woman is only an hours drive from Safety Harbor!!

Guest Anonymous

Im glad youre safe, and being where you dont want to be is better than where you were!!! :)

Nice to hear from you. We were all worried sick.

Im so freakin happy to hear from you! :D :D :D
Sorry about the situation your in. :cry: I really hope you find a way to solve the problem. I would kick your father-in-law's arse, but seeing as he is letting you stay with him, I guess thats not a good idea.... Oh, but maybe if you murder him, it will fix things! :drinking: :evilbat:

Guest Anonymous

Since it's to see through tears I'm just going to copy and paste about the animals I couldn't keep.

I know I sound like an ass but I honestly feel this was the best for them.
See my situation from my eyes for a moment before anyone starts to flame and rip me apart.

Meezer mom's cats are where we agreed for them to go...a no kill shelter.

Mom cat, Elvira, and Caleb are safe.

Only Gretchen, Prissy and Lucky were my animals from the get go. The rest were fosters or animals that I was caring for as a temporary basis until recently.

I don't know where my life is going from here. Either next week or the week after I am starting work here in Tampa. Then in a month maybe I can go home, to what? I don't know. I may have a house that is damaged and can easily be repaired or I may have a foundation with nothing at all. Either way we have to rebuild and that means living in an apartment? A fema sponsered trailer in my front yard? I don't know what it means.

I don't know if I have a home any more. I don't know what tomorrow will bring for me. Even watching CNN this all doesn't seem like it's really happening to me.

I got them out of danger, I put them some where safe and much more comfortable than my FIL's garage which is where the other cats are living. Carla has claimed her throne...the top of the fridge.

My FIL is an ass. I've known that for 15 years. As for other family members...One grandmother is in Centralia, IL....she would have let me come and take time to place the animals but the job market sucks and my company doesn't have an office there.

My other grandmother lives in Seminole, AL, their house had water up to the front door steps as the river came over both banks. I couldn't get their anyway...she is right outside Mobile, Al.

My mom...well she is living in her pull behind trailer in Prairieville, LA and getting ready to move to Memphis, TN. No room or stability for any of us.

My sister is on her way up north.

My parents, sister and I all lived with in 5 minutes of each other...only a canal between us. Jeremy's parents are here in Tampa, a brother in San Fransico and a sister in Washington State.

Cousins and such...NO one would take the dogs and cats even to give me the time to find places for them. I would have had to lose all of them.

I'm sorry if this is difficult for some to understand but just put yourself over here for a moment. I have nothing, I've lost everything.

I hope you all understand that I did what I felt was best for the ANIMALS in the long run. This has hit me hard, I am having chest pains, I have a migraine and I'm still not in touch with Fema or state farm yet.

Tammy, go easy. no one is slamming you. this is not a throw-away issue, your life is in peril and you've lost most of everything you had. I am sure everyone understands this was not an easy choice, you did what you could and everyone is still alive. thank God for that. had the choices been better I for on am sure you would have made them.

God bless. you're in my thoughts.....

8)

Guest Anonymous

I am sorry if I sound defensive.

The truth is I HATE MYSELF for what I had to do.

The worst part in my mind is that adoptablity played a part. So Cindy my newest addition stayed but Prissy and Gretchen who I had for several years are sitting alone in a shelter. The truth be told two 3 year old dogs are easier to adopt than a 13 year old dog who is losing her sight and is deaf.

Jess...don't you and Drew live around here? Do you know for 100% that Largo ASPCA is a good place. I visited them 2 years ago and they seem wonderful...other people have told me they are good. They said they would call me if something came up or they needed more information and to let me know when my kids get adopted. I just need to know.

[quote name='Tammy']The truth is I HATE MYSELF for what I had to do.

The worst part in my mind is that adoptablity played a part. So Cindy my newest addition stayed but Prissy and Gretchen who I had for several years are sitting alone in a shelter. The truth be told two 3 year old dogs are easier to adopt than a 13 year old dog who is losing her sight and is deaf.

Jess...don't you and Drew live around here? Do you know for 100% that Largo ASPCA is a good place. I visited them 2 years ago and they seem wonderful...other people have told me they are good. They said they would call me if something came up or they needed more information and to let me know when my kids get adopted. I just need to know.[/quote]

you have thus answered your own question. you did what you HAD to do for the benefit of the animals involved, as heart wrenching as it was for you. that shows true courage, determination, and love. you should by no means hate yourself, you made the choices necessary to make the ends of this nasty putrid puzzle meet, and be better for everyone, including the animals.

it hurts, I know it does. I almost loss my house to foreclosure, and all I could think about was "where will the pets go?" I'll never be able to sell it now and move elsewhere, its mortgaged to the hilt...but they're still here, safe and sound.

dont beat yourself up. you did what you had to do....

8)

and by the way? WE love you and are extremely glad you are safe and sound.

:angel:

[quote name='abker17']Tammy my heart aches for you and there are tears in my eyes. I cannot even imagine the pain of having to give up your animals after losing everything. :( Many hugs and well wishes coming your way.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. It just breaks my heart to see what you and Mei-Mei are having to do to survive. You did what you had to do and you have NOTHING to be ashamed about. You have to concentrate on rebuilding your life. I know you'll get back into rescue again when you're able to. Hang in there!