Dogomania

Strange email regarding my litter of pups

Have you heard of this? Its strange. This guy named Ashadi is asking to buy the remaining pups out of my litter. I have 3 boys left. He has somebody that takes care of the shipping for him. He lives in Oregon. Why would anybody want 3 pups out of the same litter and they are Border Collies too!
Its a scam, i just have a gut feeling about this. He wants to send a check for $2500 for the shipping and the pups, and i am to take out my portion for the pups. Whatever!! I bet the check is fake and i will be stuck paying back the bank.
What should i do about this?
This guy doesnt even ask about the parents or anything, he wanted to see pics and thats about it.

Guest Anonymous

If he really is from Oregon, then the police or the FBI can do something about it. Lead him on and let him believe he got an easy mark. Have him send you the fake check to you and report him when you get it. I really don’t think he is in this country though.

[url]www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html[/url]

Even were it not a scam, which it does seem to be, I wouldn't sell him puppies. He didn't ask the right questions and only a very experienced person would be able to train even two puppies properly but three BC's - :shock:
Even were it not a scam, what does he want [b]3[/b] BC pups for - indiscriminate breeding, research facility, herding a big herd of cows or sheep without worrying about the herding skill of the parents???

Why dont the pups have homes already?? Well, because they just turned 5 weeks!

AND i never said i wanted to send the pups to him and i sent him an email saying pay in cash or a US Postal money order because I KNEW i wouldnt hear from him again after that.

I was going to keep talking to him and turn him in, but i dont want him having my name or address.

Not to beat you with a stick.. :) , but yes, you should have had at least POTENTIAL homes lined up for puppies before you even bred your dog. Whether they are show or working lines does not matter, if the parents have PROVEN themselves in the ring or in the field. Of course you did screen for health related issues and you do follow up with your pups for their lives right? Breeding to IMPROVE the breed is another 'why do you breed' issue. Just breeding 'because' or to add to the population or for a multitude of other reasons is NOT responsible.
If you would have reasonably expected 6-8 pups, should have had at least 10 prescreened homes waiting. That IS just part of what a responsible breeder does.

[quote]I believe it's a fact around here that good breeders have homes lined up for pups before they are even born...[/quote]

AND>>>>>its a FACT that people change their minds
its a FACT that you may have 8 homes lined up and then have a litter of 10.
its a FACT that i had 7 homes lined up then out comes 9 pups
IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY HOMES ARE LINED UP, PEOPLE CHANGE THEIR MINDS AND OFTEN MORE PUPS ARRIVE.

[quote]but yes, you should have had at least POTENTIAL homes lined up for puppies before you even bred your dog[/quote]

SOOOOOOOOO dont tell me what i should or shouldnt have done before you know the facts!

[quote]Of course you did screen for health related issues and you do follow up with your pups for their lives right?[/quote]

exactly when did this posts subject change??????????????????? I thought it was about an email scam.

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR STICK BACK.

This is how it starts. You take a post off topic. You ask some cookie cutter innocent questions fishing for some predetermined red flags which turn in to an interrogation. Then you pounce with the personal attacks, flames and labels. By the time you will be done with the poor soul who dared to admit to being a breeder, you’ll make her up to be the worse puppymiller ever lived which then gets her banned.

I wonder how long before she will be labeled a "Norma" and get voted off the board.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Jessashelony'][quote name='magus']This is how it starts. You take a post off topic. You ask some cookie cutter innocent questions fishing for some predetermined red flags which turn in to an interrogation. Then you pounce with the personal attacks, flames and labels. By the time you will be done with the poor soul who dared to admit to being a breeder, you’ll make her up to be the worse puppymiller ever lived which then gets her banned.

I wonder how long before she will be labeled a "Norma" and get voted off the board.[/quote]

If you dislike us so much, WHY do you keep coming back... I think we've made it pretty clear that you aren't welcome here. :roll:[/quote]

What she said!! I mean, geeez. Get a life, or find a board who will accept your BYB practices.

OK, you made your point. I am not wanted here. There are plenty of other boards I can grace with my presence. It is your loss. Unlike the real Norma, I am not a masochist. You’ll never see me here again.

Btw, just for the record, I am not Norma but was accused of being her. That’s what trigged my previous rant. Looks like you found a new word for people who break the established canon of this board. Careful not to overuse it or it will lose its meaning.

Good bye.

[size=2]
Edit to fix a few spelling mistakes that for some reason a couple of children here were compelled to point out. Not everyone on this planet was born and raised in an English speaking country you know. Shame on you. :nono:

[/size]