Dogomania

Strange behavior changes with Pooh Bear

JackieMaya

This is very weird. In the over four months that I've had Pooh Bear, he's never gone to the bathroom in the house.

but...

The night before last he peed on one of the dog beds, and last night he pooped on the same dog bed (one that he ripped up previously). I'm figuring it has to do with his having to be on a leash in the backyard. He's still getting outside to do his business as much as he was before, but he's on a leash (an extra-long retractable leash). He HAS peed and pooped while on the end of the leash in the yard.

Having to have his playing time curtailed so much is obviously have an emotional effect on him or he wouldn't be doing this. I'm going to start letting him run free in the back yard for his last time out before I go to work from now on. By 3:00 p.m., if the dickwad neighbor doesn't like it if my dog happens to bark once or twice, tough shit!

I let the dogs out when I got back from my appointments at around 3:30 p.m. If Pooh Bear ran to the fence line wanting to bark, I would shake their treat jar and tell him to come. It works like a charm! Pooh Bear and Maya are real food hogs, so food is a real good training tool!

Then the little yappy dog behind me (2 houses away from dickhead) went under his fence (again) and went in the dickhead's yard (hee hee). I SO hope he crapped in there! I heard dickhead yell "get that dog in his yard." I've never heard him talk, just yell.

Anyway, I'm still going to have Pooh Bear on the leash when sleeping beauty is still asleep (noon) and will let him be off leash in the yard after 3:00 p.m.