Dogomania

Tada... it's a boy!

This is Mo, as in "what's one Mo?"
Seven months old, sweet as can be, outgoing and friendly, and he's all mine. I can hardly contain my joy. :-?

Some buttwhistle bonehead dumped him today to be euthanized because they didn't want to dump the money into treating his ear infection and demodex. That's all that's wrong with him. They did, however, have the money to have his tail docked. They were actually going to KILL this seven month old puppy over the ear infection and demodex... well, not just because of the money. No, the smell was just too much to bear. They decided to kill him and get another dog and start over. Yes, they said this! They are already planning on getting another dog. They didn't even want to give him over to me to foster because, "oh my, I couldn't bear to stress him by bouncing him from home to home..." but when they realized that it was going to cost money to have him put down and disposed of by the clinic, the tune quickly changed to, "oh, fine, y'all just find a home for him, or whatever you want to do with him then!"

I'm just chock full to the brim with love for my fellow man right now, lemme just go ahead and tell ya. :x
[img]http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nFgAAAIUIG1jmaAOv948W6vZ0oK4KwWccaFlPKYwtfyGQQB2nbMglqw[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nFgAAAIYIMVg5XUDGD4a9raqr1hhSK7DwjydmzCPBIj5sOFShbTlkTw[/img]

[quote]They were actually going to KILL this seven month old puppy over the ear infection and demodex...[/quote]

:o May a terrible, disfiguring accident befall them :evil: , rotten %$##%%'s (insert favorite descriptive word here).

HF, bless you for taking him in, he's absolutely adorable :angel: !
And from the pics, his coat doesn't look too bad if he's got demodex, which some ivermectin and a good diet to boost the immune system should clear it up in no time!

Oh, don't be misled! Mo is not staying here... he's not even here tonight; he's staying with our receptionist who graciously offered to keep him short term for me since I have my hands full. I reckon I'm a foster who's subcontracting out another foster? Anyway, she and I are in cahoots for now. We just wanted to make sure he was safe. I have sent out about 8274928361162830948 emails to rescue groups throughout my area tonight. I do not have the resources for another permanent addition to casa de HF, but I just could not let a perfectly healthy dog be killed over some easily treatable stuff. These people... I just don't know what to think sometimes. :-?

I'll snitch on my vet a little... there have been times when someone dumped a perfectly healthy pet to be put down and he didn't do it. I adopted a cat from him that way. Perfectly healthy cat, nothing wrong with it. The people just didn't want it, anymore.

It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. It may be considered unethical by some, but I reckon we all live by our own code of ethics, and sometimes my vet's ethics will not let him put down a perfectly healthy pet just because it's become a nuisance. If the owners are standing right there until the end, there's not much he can do, but if they leave the animal...

He doesn't just outright refuse to do it because, around here, it would be entirely possible for someone to take the dog or cat out onto a country road and just abandon it there, tie a weight to it and drop it into a pond or river, or all sorts of things. When weighing evils, sometimes it's best to just go ahead and juice them rather than letting the owners decide the animal's fate. :-?

Oh, a cocker spaniel! What a darling baby! :-? And look at his tear stains - looks like they haven't been taking care of him well at all. :(

No words can describe the contempt I feel for ass-holes like his owners. I would love to give THEM an ear infection they won't forget - and then put them BOTH down, slowly and painfully. :evilbat:

Thank you for being the person you are Horsefeathers. And your amazing vet too.

I wish I could help foster Mo. He deserves so much Mo than the shitheads that got him first!! :x Cosmic sends his love and kisses to Mo. There's love to go around - it just hasn't found him yet. Please be patient Mo! Don't give up on us. :(