Dogomania

in the paper today GRRRRR

I feel your anger!! :evil: Don't you just want to call those numbers and bitch them out sometimes? :evilbat: I had that impulse just today, there was an ad in our local, "Seeking male Welsh corgi to breed with my female." Like come on ... if your dog was truly responsible breeding quality you'd have to place an ad to find a mate??!!

Is there a Malamute rescue that you can alert them to this, so they can take him?

[quote name='DivineOblivion19'][color=indigo]Yikes.... :roll:

About 2 miles from my house is a real run down house. The place has always been "less than desirable" but whatever. Some people can't afford nice things and I'm fine with that. I don't judge others because their house isn't as nice as the one I live in (with my parents...).

Anyway, I pass this place every Wednesday night on my way to agility training. Just a couple of weeks ago a sign was put up. It is a giant piece of plywood and it has spray painted on it:

Rhodesian Ridgeback Puppies
AKC Reg.
$1500
By appointment only
*phone #*

:x :x :x :x :x

I want to go in and KILL these people! So my friend and I made an appointment. We saw the pups, poor gate and bone structure. The parents are pretty sad looking dogs and not in the best of shape. I can't say they were unhealthy but they were not very good looking dogs AT ALL. There were 6 pups left and only 2 of them had a full ridge! The "breeder" (if you will) said that they aren't vaccinating the pups cuz they can't afford it and didn't want to raise the price of the pups. Needless to say I was kicked out of the house for trying to educate the "breeders." They were not happy to hear my opinions.[/color][/quote]

WOW ... ballsy of you guys to go over there. Kudos for trying anyway :cry:

[quote name='K']If we pass those types of spray painted signs...we take them down...we have a wood burning stove you see...better that way[/quote]

Great idea, I'm going to do the same thing.

It's hard to be against Free to a Good Home ads because that's how I found Buddy ... But I guess now that I have him all the other ads can get banned, I do see the problem with them. I wish I could get the paper to ban "Puppies for sale" ads too.

Come to think of it I'm going to try! There are two papers that compete with each other here and I bet I could get the more progressive one to do it to distinguish themselves.