Dogomania

He PASSED!!!

BuddysMom

Presenting Buddy Martin, Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

He passed with flying colors! It was as if he knew that he was "on stage" and put out extra effort. I am one teary eyed proud Mom.

And it was sooo much fun meeting other dog lovers in my community. I traded numbers with two other ladies whose dogs passed, and we are going to do visits together when our registrations come back.

Congratulations!!

how I wish one of my dogs would pass :( i mean i've never had them tested cause i dont know how to find a place that it's done...but none of them really have the OB to pass.....as soon as I get a job i'm going to enroll either Sheeba or Shadow into an OB class and then find a place to test them for CGC and TDI :) Sheeba did make a visit to a nursing home awhile back and she did well but she was a lil more interested in all the new smells than she was the people but maybe after her 2nd visit she would have loved on the people :-? either way she DID make alot of the elderly people happy :D
sorry for rambling :oops:

[quote name='AllAmericanPUP']Congratulations!!

how I wish one of my dogs would pass :( i mean i've never had them tested cause i dont know how to find a place that it's done...but none of them really have the OB to pass.....as soon as I get a job i'm going to enroll either Sheeba or Shadow into an OB class and then find a place to test them for CGC and TDI :) Sheeba did make a visit to a nursing home awhile back and she did well but she was a lil more interested in all the new smells than she was the people but maybe after her 2nd visit she would have loved on the people :-? either way she DID make alot of the elderly people happy :D
sorry for rambling :oops:[/quote]

Thanks Everybody!!!

AAP, it wasn't terribly strict! It was mainly demonstrating that they pay attention to you, and are not aggressive or afraid with other people, dogs, or situations. If a dog did not do something right the first time they got two more tries. Some did not do the "down" command at all, they had to be put into the posiiton to do the "down, stay." The stay was pretty easy too, although that was the one Buddy messed up on once, the sit/stay because he laid down before I got back to him :roll: Thought it was OK for him to do that but she made us do it over.

thats cool :D
what organization did you go thru?

i'm thinking Sheeba might be a lil too hyper for it, she gets so excited for treats so she turns into a big wiggle machine whenever i try and do OB with her :lol:

ozzy has great OB but he's a lil shy.

i think Shadow is my best bet, she's pretty good with OB and she loooooooves to get petted...so she might just make a good therapy dog

well i have 5 dogs to work with :lol: so i'm sure i can make something out of one of them ROFL

A big Congratulations to both of you!

I don't think that Jackie would have any problem passing either test, and I know that she would be an awesome therapy dog. When I had only her, I took her to my mom's nursing home several times, and she was wonderful, and the residents just loved her. My other two kids are a little too enthusiastic to probably pass.