Dogomania

Fritz hurt himself

ESSlover

And I'm freakin' out lol. Last night mom saw him and Schnickle (btw, our two cats if you didnt know lol) run down the stairs, and afterwords Fritz was walking with a limp. This morning she was going to check on him, and my dad and her couldnt find him anywhere. Eventually we found him under Scotts' bed, and coaxed him out with a piece of meat. :roll: Yeah, he still has his appetite thats for sure. We put him on Scotts bed and you could easily see that he didnt want to put any weight on his hind left leg. Scott and I took him down to the laundry room (litter box is down there) and put his food and water down on the floor, and let Schnickle in (he was freaking out outside the door, meowin like crazy lol.) He was still trying to limp-run away from being locked in the laundry room. :roll: He can sort of walk on it, but its with a pronounced limp. We're going to take him to the vet after church, just waiting to see if its just a pulled muscle or something. I myself would like to take him to the vet NOW, but then again, I dont have a car. Sigh.

Anything we should do before we take him to the vet? To keep him comfortable or from hurting himself more? Its kinda hard to keep an already stubborn fat cat from walking. :roll:

I'll update you guys as soon as I can.

If it was broken it would look odd and would be just hanging there. He wouldn't be able to put weight on it. My guess is that he has staved his paw, so I would say let him roam about. Restricting him will mean that he won't use the paw and hes better to use it so it doesn't seize up. Cats know their own limitations and if its not broken hes better being given a few days to see how it goes. If it swells however it is possibly a bite from the other cat which would need drained and treated with antibiotics.

Good luck :wink:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

We just got back from the vet. We were there at 1:30, sat in the waiting room for an hour, went into the other examining room, we sat in there for 2 hours. HE NEVER GOT SEEN BY THE VET. So we're going to take him to OUR vet tomorrow morning.. Grrr.. When he walks on it, he puts the left hurt leg infront, crossing over his right leg. It looks really wierd.. He walked over me when we were at the vet, and I could tell he was putting barely any weight on it at all. :( My poor baby. I hope we get to see our vet without waiting 3+ hours.. And this place wasnt busy AT ALL. And its an EMERGENCY VET. Gahhh.. anyways.. there your update. Keep paws crossed for him!!

Geez, was a crummy ER vet! Whenever I've had to go to the emergency vet, I've never had to wait long. Sorry yours was so bad!

Poor Fritz, sounds like he did a number on his leg. I have no idea what's safe for cats, so I'll let the cat experts take over on that. Good luck with your kitty!

Ok, when my mom took Carse on a walk this morning, Fritz made his way down to the laundry room and the litter box, and went poo and pee (yay!), and on his way back up to the couch, there are 3 stairs. He stopped at the bottem, and let out a huge sigh lol. Went up one stair, stopped, sighed, went up one more stair, stopped, sighed, then I came down and picked him up and put him back on his couch. We gave him a little 81 mg asprin (He's a 20 lb cat :roll: :lol: ) rolled up in a peice of meat, he ate it as easily as Carson eats his pills in PB.. not even noticing the pill. :roll: :lol: Mom's taking him to our vet this afternoon, I'll update after he gets back.

Ok, so he just got back from the vet and she said its a torn ACL ligament or something like that, something in his knee. She wants to give him meds and just have him rest on it for a little while, and if it doesnt get better he would have to have surgery, a $1,500 sugery I might add. My mom isnt sure if she wants to do it, but me and my brother are BEGGING for it, Fritz is my brothers baby, he'd do anything for him. We'll see how the meds and rest work first. Keep fingers crossed please!

[quote name='Kat']aww poor Fritz. I hope the tear mends itself. Physio can usually help it and he doesn't sound like a very active cat so healing should definitely be quick. :wink:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Active would definately not be a word to describe Fritz.