Dogomania

Defuzzing Tennis Balls

Anyone else's dogs do this?

PoGo thinks it's his only job in life to De-fuzz them. He'll work and work....and when he gets up....there's little piles of yellow fuzz that are laying about.

It's kinda cute.....especially when he walks up to you and he's got yellow fuzz in his crest!

One of the doctors I work with plays tennis and he and I were talking by his car the other day when he opened his trunk and had a HUGE basket of tennis balls in there. I mentioned what a field day my dogs would have with them. He said that he was getting ready to throw away a ton of old balls and asked if I wanted them. I guess you can only use a tennis ball for so long.....who the heck knows!

So I brought home a bunch of them. You would have thought I gave them liver! They all tackled the toy basket!

I don't do tennis balls anymore. It takes China all of 30 seconds to pop one and start manicly peeling and eating the fuzz off of them. Zoey tends to be more gentle with them and won't destroy an intact ball, but she does get ahold of China's broken tennis balls and proceeds to eat the rubber pieces. :-?