Dogomania

Guess What!!!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='StarGaze']I care what happens to her and the animals...didn't think I came across harsh. Apparently, if you posted...you suck. Oh well.[/quote]

I really care too, but I don't like to get into the heated discussions (the last time I did was one of DAL's and my big mouth got me in trouble), so I just stayed out of it. I really hope she realizes that everything was said because we care about her and want her AND her animals to be happy.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the folks on that board are entitled to think of me as an armchair shrink (or however they put it) just like I'm entitled to think of them as enablers. :lol:
Anyway, while I'm armchair shrinkaging, I'd like to point out that the chances of changing DALs behaviour were slim even before the enabling but I think it is irresponsible to not say anything. I'm proud to be part of Dogo and of all of us for being able to take a stand. I'm also proud of those who were able to express themselves in a restrained manner despite their anger (obviously some people ignored those posts) and I'm proud of those who were able to admit they were wrong and apologise when they crossed the line (this also seems to have been missed by some people.)

Edited to add: It's not entirely fair of me to lump everyone over there as enablers, I am exagerating for effect. Some of them seemed quite nice and some were concerned as well and voiced their concerns well.

Hello,

I am one of the ones who post at Ripleys. I have been on that board for a few years and have known Naomi for just as long.

I think we are all concerned about Naomi. You all have posted very valid questions and we all at ( Ripley's ) have had the same thoughts. I know she posted on a board and it is public for discussion. I also understand ( in the heat of the moment ) people say things when upset. I also know and have read that you all have apologised. Just like each of you have said throughout this thread, people say things when they are upset. So to the comment about ( They're probably a bunch of criminals sitting in prison with nothing better to do ) was said out of anger. I am posting this to apologise.

We at Ripley's are all animal lovers and care for our furkids! We also care for the people on the board ( just like you all do ). Not sure how this will end up but I would like to keep peace between the boards.

Thank you for your time,
Barbara

Babs, I am glad you are here, because possibly you can help. I have been PMing with DAL (Naomi) trying to work thru this mess, for the welfare of both herself, and her pets. whatever you can do to convince her to keep talking, with you, with me, or anyone...will be to her benefit.

I WANT her to succeed...I will do what I can to help bring that about, but all the other help I can get is greatly appreciated...

I will be gone all next week. I cant help her in that time, I will have no
internet access...please help her in my absence...

8)

Thanks so much for posting, Babs! I know that none of us at Dogo, and I'm sure nobody at Ripley's, wants to get any website wars going. We all (on both sites) have Naomi's and her pets' welfare and happiness in mind. And I really hope that Naomi feels that she's still welcome here.

It seems to me that aside of the anger and dissapointment that the people here are displaying towards DAL, most of you really care about her. I hope she does indeed come to terms with what is happening and will try to work this out. I met her briefly last month and she seems to be a very sweet young lady. From the posts I read here by her, she seems lonely and confused and does not like to hear the naked truth about things. I agree she shouldn't share her dramas here if she doesn't want to hear the truth.

I agree with you, Leah. :)

However, many of the Dogoers charged towards Naomi with their horns aimed in her direction right off the bat. I know that possible harm to any type of animal is treacherous to us, but I think everyone needs to let Nay know that we're [i]NOT[/i] attacking her. All she needs to know is that we're trying to help...not go on some "witch hunt".

I hope that I'm not going to be persecuted for this. But I recall that Dogo has been very quick to jump into heated arguments recently. My only wish is that everyone takes a breather, thinks over what they are about to say & comes to Naomi as a concerned friend, as most of you have shown you were for the years you have known her.

I also pray that Nay comes back to us because there are many Dogoers (myself included) who care for her deeply & don't want to see her leave us. Hugs to Naomi, if you are reading this.

[quote name='Mutt_Lady']I agree with you, Leah. :)

However, many of the Dogoers charged towards Naomi with their horns aimed in her direction right off the bat. I know that possible harm to any type of animal is treacherous to us, but I think everyone needs to let Nay know that we're [i]NOT[/i] attacking her. All she needs to know is that we're trying to help...not go on some "witch hunt".

I hope that I'm not going to be persecuted for this. But I recall that Dogo has been very quick to jump into heated arguments recently. My only wish is that everyone takes a breather, thinks over what they are about to say & comes to Naomi as a concerned friend, as most of you have shown you were for the years you have known her.

I also pray that Nay comes back to us because there are many Dogoers (myself included) who care for her deeply & don't want to see her leave us. Hugs to Naomi, if you are reading this.[/quote]
I agree. I was going to pm her but I don't want "overstep" any boundries.

[quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl'][quote name='Mutt_Lady']I agree with you, Leah. :)

I also pray that Nay comes back to us because there are many Dogoers (myself included) who care for her deeply & don't want to see her leave us. Hugs to Naomi, if you are reading this.[/quote]
I agree. I was going to pm her but I don't want "overstep" any boundries.[/quote]

Same here.

[quote name='Mutt_Lady']IBK, I respect you entirely, especially in the Just us! usergroup. ROTF But I think calling DAL "one f*cked-up little girl" was pretty inappropriate. I felt that you were being fairly immature yourself by saying such a harsh thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion -- but I just don't think that kind of insult should be said. :-? .[/quote]

I don't think it's particularly immature to express a reasoned opinion. It's not a personal attack based on stuff I don't know about; more an opinion I have come to seeing the drivel that has been posted on here, and nothing BUT the stuff that has been posted here. Really, it's a summation of what everyone else has been saying; I just put it a little more succinctly than others. I'm sick of meandering around the crux of what everyone else has been thinking and PMing and not actually writing. Sometimes stuff just has to be said.

[quote name='bk_blue']I don't think it's particularly immature to express a reasoned opinion. It's not a personal attack based on stuff I don't know about; more an opinion I have come to seeing the drivel that has been posted on here, and nothing BUT the stuff that has been posted here. Really, it's a summation of what everyone else has been saying; I just put it a little more succinctly than others. I'm sick of meandering around the crux of what everyone else has been thinking and PMing and not actually writing. Sometimes stuff just has to be said.[/quote]

No, you're not immature for stating your opinion. In my opinion, you were being immature by the [i]way[/i] you went about it. Obviously I know you have never been one to tip-toe around people, but I think that was just wrong. On a [i]dog message board[/i], you don't just call some one an eff-ed up something or other.

I'm not talking about your right to express your opinion. I believe that everyone has theirs. I'm referring to being polite & having manners. I've seen you be an angel, BK & I just never thought I would see you be [u]that[/u] rude to a fellow Dogoer.

I don't mean to create a ruckus, but I feel it was out of line & I'm not going to back down and say it was okay because you "had the right to your opinion". I believe you are brilliant, funny and witty, I would have never expected something so petty to come out of you.

Please try to censor what you can. I'm worrying about everyone's feelings here. I understand your position and I understand Naomi's. Now, if you'd like to PM and speak to her...do so. But please, don't call her a name infront of the whole board.

I agree with Mutt Lady. No matter what we think about another member, there's no reason for any of us to lower ourselves to calling them names and making rude, derogatory remarks about them. I should know, I did the same thing on another one of DAL's threads when I was defending her and said some rude things about another member, and I got raked over the coals for it.

We all have opinions, but there's no reason we can't voice them in a mature manner.

I am just so bloody sick of DAL and her whining and bitching and perhaps I did go out of line a bit. I probably have a little bit more stock invested in that she greatly upset a good friend of mine here on the board with her inane, selfish, insensitive commentary last year who has not forgiven and will not forgive her, and with good reason.

I also know a few other things that I shall not disclose, which make me all the madder about her recent bizarre actions and the lies that are slowly condensing like a big storm cloud over this board.

If it's upsetting you all that much I'll delete it but I still stand by it. Maybe I'll just put it another way: DAL, you need to get help otherwise you'll destroy yourself and everyone around you. Stop acting like a kid, grow up, and take some responsibility for your actions instead of running off and chucking a tantrum. And don't you DARE crosspost. That is a direct contravention of the forum rules. The last thing you need to do is start a forum war... oh but I forgot, you like drama, don't you? 'Specially when it's all about YOU.

Maybe if I bold this it won't go unanswered again?
[b]I'd really like to know where Moose came from...[/b] how many times does this question need to be asked? We all know you've been on here, DAL. You've posted in NDR. Please stop this childish behaviour of ignoring people's questions selectively.

[quote name='K']

and YES we/I can still see you online even if you mark yourself hidden...I was going to dlelete you but its more fun to see that you cant even stay away... :roll:[/quote]

it was said in an earlier post that she came back because people from the board were pming her and they were talking back and forth and she also wanted to come on here and tell me happy birthday

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K']I must apologise to Mei-Mei (and probably Babs) I didnt read any further down past the link to there before I went there and posted...I was quick becuse I simply dont have time for this type of thing again from her...I told them over there about the same things that BK alluded to...I'm not going to go public but they are being seriosly in the dark about her...

and YES we/I can still see you online even if you mark yourself hidden...I was going to dlelete you but its more fun to see that you cant even stay away... :roll:[/quote]
go head and delete me.. i was only here becuase Courtnek had sent me a PM i haven't hidden my self. i dont care if you all can see me.. i here for courtnek. not anymore. delete me i'm done with this board.. i wasn't trying to start are board war eaither.. you did that yourself..
good bye
dal

[quote name='bk_blue']So she'll come back to wish someone that she sees all the time anyway happy birthday, but won't answer any questions? Nice to see nothing's changed.[/quote]

ok off the subject i hinted to dal to post that kidding around today didnt mean to make anyone upset

Guest Anonymous

I've read every single post to this thread. There's one word to describe it all: unnecessary.

First of all, from an administrator standpoint who runs her *own* Keeshond-related forum now, I would've locked this thread once it deteriorated to "Get a blanket" on page 3. I'm sorry, but that was an unnecessary punch below the belt. And I certainly wouldn't have allowed any of my memebrs to tell another member that should consider counseling, ESPECIALLY a moderator. I'm sorry, but that's just not right especially coming from a moderator. I would be having a lengthly discussion, in private with my member about an open comment like that and would certainly remove a moderator for having said it whether it was true or not. Not to mention, if I hadn't have closed the thread at "Get a blanket" on page 3 it most certainly would've been closed by "you should consider counseling". I can't believe an administrator let this thread deteriorate like this. Not to mention, if I was admin, I wouldn't have even have responded to this period. The moderators really should've sat back, have watched how this thread developed, and then have interjected appropriately as a neutral entity. When it got to the point of "Get a blanket" or having a moderator tell another member that they should consider counseling - it [i]should've[/i] been closed by admin.

Secondly, yes, military bases have regulations, however, tx2478 is right. Housing has now been privatized and is no longer under military control. Thus the rules have changed. And that may be what you posted Tammy from Ft. Lewis's website rather. But, those base websites are BARELY updated. Heck, Great Lakes Naval Base hasn't updated their website for the past 2 years. So yes, it may say that on the website BUT it doesn't mean it's correct information... and it's not.

Additionally, yes, DAL was the one who splashed your business all over this forum, however, it truly is none of your damn business Mei-Mei if DAL did receive or is receiving counseling. Nor is it any of your damn business what for. Again, another moderator steps across the line and fails to moderate because she wants to jump on the "bash" wagon with everyone else. Again, as an admin I'd be removing a moderator who thought it was her God-given right to know if a member did receive or is receiving counseling and for what.

Honestly, this thread doesn't surprise me. I've recommended Dogomania to other dog folk over the past couple of years and have been hearing a lot of negative things about Dogo. Apparently, everyone I recommend Dogo to has been here already and considers the majority to be quite condescending and rude. Frankly, after having read this thread in its entirety I can't say they're wrong.

This thread should be locked and everyone should just [i]move on[/i].

Hopefully, DAL's open admittance to be deleted will be honored by admin. I know if one of my members asked to be deleted, whether it was privately or openly on the forum, I'd respect their decision and delete them.

Hey, well you know what, if you don't like the way we run things, you are quite free to leave at any time. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. :)

Clearly you have zero understanding of the particular way this forum operates. We are not just a collection of nutjobs who bitch and carry on like we are now (and when we do it is not without good reason). We are like a family. Some of us have been here for years. Through trial and error we have found that allowing free speech is the best way of keeping things in check. There is no fun in an administration that constantly plays boring, bossy parent, deleting or locking threads randomly and banning people. The forum members have repeatedly endorsed this, something you would be well aware of if you had bothered to poke around rather than just let fly with your barrage of abuse. :wink: