Dogomania

Guess What!!!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='CoalSky']If you're a true friend, you'll HELP your friend when it looks like she needs it, not just stand by and watch her "do what she wants". Sometimes that's just not the right thing and quite frankly, childish.[/quote]

I didnt just stand by and watch her she called me and told me she got a dog and told me what kind she said he really didnt go to kids so she was happy about that...I dont know what you expected me to do i asked questions like you did like what are you going to do with the big dogs but it isnt like she is a child i cant make her change her mind even if i am her friend she got the dog told justin and he was ok with it so dal and him are the only ones that have a say what goes on in there house...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='tx2478'][quote name='CoalSky']If you're a true friend, you'll HELP your friend when it looks like she needs it, not just stand by and watch her "do what she wants". Sometimes that's just not the right thing and quite frankly, childish.[/quote]

I didnt just stand by and watch her she called me and told me she got a dog and told me what kind she said he really didnt go to kids so she was happy about that...I dont know what you expected me to do i asked questions like you did like what are you going to do with the big dogs but it isnt like she is a child i cant make her change her mind even if i am her friend she got the dog told justin and he was ok with it so dal and him are the only ones that have a say what goes on in there house...[/quote]

Actually NO Justin and DAL are not the only ones who have say over what goes on in their house. They live on base right? There are regulations on base (one reason my father never made his family live on base in his 20 years of service). There are rules you have to follow when living in base housing. There is at least one I know of that she is violating which could lead to her losing her base housing or the dogs.

[quote name='Tammy'][quote name='tx2478'][quote name='CoalSky']If you're a true friend, you'll HELP your friend when it looks like she needs it, not just stand by and watch her "do what she wants". Sometimes that's just not the right thing and quite frankly, childish.[/quote]

I didnt just stand by and watch her she called me and told me she got a dog and told me what kind she said he really didnt go to kids so she was happy about that...I dont know what you expected me to do i asked questions like you did like what are you going to do with the big dogs but it isnt like she is a child i cant make her change her mind even if i am her friend she got the dog told justin and he was ok with it so dal and him are the only ones that have a say what goes on in there house...[/quote]

Actually NO Justin and DAL are not the only ones who have say over what goes on in their house. They live on base right? There are regulations on base (one reason my father never made his family live on base in his 20 years of service). There are rules you have to follow when living in base housing. There is at least one I know of that she is violating which could lead to her losing her base housing or the dogs.[/quote]

not anymore you can have as many animals you want as long as you pay the deposit of 250.00 per animal that changed right after she got stryker...our houses were transfered from military to privatley owned so they are more leanient

Guest Anonymous

Unless the Army is extremly slow in updating their handbooks this comes from the EQR website with the Fort Lewis Handbook on it. Oh don't get me wrong I'm not out to get anyone in trouble. I'm pointing out what is on the website for the housing on that particular base. I know from researching when my husband was considering re-enlisting that some bases allow 3 dogs or cats or combination there of. But all seem to have some sort of restrictions and well that is why he didn't re-enlist and has been making my life hell for almost 2 years now.

[quote]If you are a pet owner, you must take your responsibilities seriously. Do not inflict your pets’ actions on neighbors and the community at large.

Pets Allowed
 Pets allowed include dogs and cats, small caged animals, birds, tropical and/or gold fish.
 [b]No more than two (2) dogs and cats in any combination will be allowed per DU.[/b]
 Exotic animals such as but not limited to ocelots, coatimundis, ferrets, monkeys, snakes, prairie dogs, minks and farm animals such as but not limited to poultry, geese, ducks, pigs, rabbits and horses will not be allowed to remain in the family housing areas.
 Effective March 1, 2002, no dogs of the following breeds shall be introduced to the Fort Lewis family housing area:
Pit Bulls
Chow Chows
 Effective March 1, 2002, the following breeds may not be introduced to the Fort Lewis family housing area without verification of additional liability insurance secured and maintained by you:
Rottweilers
German Shephards
Dobermans
 Breeding of animals for any purpose is strictly prohibited in Fort Lewis family housing areas.

[b]Approval Required
 Equity must approve your dogs and cats at the time you move in to the DU, or before you acquire a new pet.
 Within 2 weeks of your move in date or acquiring of your pet you must supply Equity with a tag number, which will verify the proper rabies inoculation. Tag numbers and inoculations can be obtained from the vet service available through Ft. Lewis.
 You will be asked to sign a Pet Addendum that will include the tag number for your cat(s) and dog(s).[/b]

Pet Rules
 All animals are to be kept inside except when on a leash and accompanied by an adult.
 Dogs(s) may be fenced in backyards providing the fence is approved by Equity and is of a size and build to restrain the animal(s). See below for approved designs and materials. The animal must also be chained if the animal is able to scale the fence. No animal may be kept in the backyard unless the yard has appropriate fencing.
[/quote]

[quote] If you, the other Occupants in your DU, or any of your guests violate pet or animal restrictions (with or without your knowledge) you will be subject to charges, damages, eviction and other remedies provided in the Occupancy Agreement and/or this Handbook. [/quote]

Tammy: i didnt want to quote all that, i havent researched it but when my friend moved in to her new house with her 3 dogs i asked her if that was legal and she said they changed the rule and now you have to pay 250.00 per over 2 animals so i told dal this was back in Jan or Feb so i am not sure i just know that my other friend paid it and has 3 legal dogs....but that is correct what you quoted that is what it has been since we have been here and i was suprised at the change too i will email my housing lady and ask her to make sure that is correct also just so we all know

for the record i am not sure where he came from i know she looked at a couple different places when she was just looking like petfinder and the local paper but i am not sure where she got him from...and she hasnt said to me either and i dont think she will for fear of the do not adopt but that is just me assuming not her saying

I've also tried to stay out of this because it is such a hot issue now that I don't even know where to start. :oops:

BK, I respect you entirely, especially in the Just us! usergroup. ROTF But I think calling DAL "one f*cked-up little girl" was pretty inappropriate. I felt that you were being fairly immature yourself by saying such a harsh thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion -- but I just don't think that kind of insult should be said. :-?

DAL, You know I love you. We've been friends since I got here & just recently we've become fairly close. As a friend, it'd hafta say that I'm worried about you. What you are doing just can't be rationalized. Please, feel free to PM and/or e-mail me when you see this.

Ok I have a problem with two things:

1) Where did Moose come from? I'm guessing you bought him because you won't say if you got him from a rescue and no rescue in there right mind would give you another dog.

2) Your really ok with leaving your dogs outside all day in Arizona?? Umm the high today was 105..you would leave cody with that big ol' coat outside in 105 degree weather? Even with shade and water that is still freakin' HOT! To me leaving a dog in that heat for an extended amount of time is abuse.

[quote name='StarFox']Ok I have a problem with two things:

1) Where did Moose come from? I'm guessing you bought him because you won't say if you got him from a rescue and no rescue in there right mind would give you another dog.

2) Your really ok with leaving your dogs outside all day in Arizona?? Umm the high today was 105..you would leave cody with that big ol' coat outside in 105 degree weather? Even with shade and water that is still freakin' HOT! To me leaving a dog in that heat for an extended amount of time is abuse.[/quote]

These are my exact and only 2 concerns.

I responded to that thread, and asked her to PM me. I agree that the comments on her looks were uncalled for, but they were also apologized for. people say stupid things in the heat of anger, I know I do. (K is remembering past instances, I'm sure.... 8) ) but I am hoping to get her one on one, to talk about it. she used to trust me....

Well how stupid, EVERYONE gets worked up in threads like this. Typical of her, to leave and go crying somewhere else.

And yes, some comments were out of line, but people apologized, everyone says things in anger and betrayl they later regret. I'm sure these people are SO perfect, they never get upset. :roll:

I can't STAND people who go crying to other boarfd because people criticized them, its immature and stupid.

[quote name='CoalSky']:lol: :lol: :lol: you guys are so silly!!

I think it's just so hypocritcal of them to say how horrible we are for making appearance cracks at DAL, meanwhile apparently we're just a bitch fest of prison meanies who are "heartless" and "not human" :o :roll: Childish I tell you!

I really hope that we're all wrong though... I REALLY REALLY hope that for her dogs and cat's care that she will make the right choice in the end and her animals will be okay :-?[/quote]

Ditto!

[quote name='CoalSky']:lol: :lol: :lol: you guys are so silly!!

I think it's just so hypocritcal of them to say how horrible we are for making appearance cracks at DAL, meanwhile apparently we're just a bitch fest of prison meanies who are "heartless" and "not human" :o :roll: Childish I tell you!

I really hope that we're all wrong though... I REALLY REALLY hope that for her dogs and cat's care that she will make the right choice in the end and her animals will be okay :-?[/quote]
I read on one of her threads that hubby won't be back for another 3 or so months so she has time to figure some stuff out but with everything thats been going on lately who knows :roll:

criminals in prison get internet access now adays? :lol: must be a fancy prison :lol: :lol: :lol:

of course she likes that aussie board cause they clearly dont know everything about what she has done. i gurantee you they dont know she is planning on leaving cody who is deaf and vision impaired and zoey outside in 100 + weather.

someone on another board was getting a pyr pup from a breeder down in New Mexico, the dogs and puppies were outside but hey they had fresh water and ponds and plenty of shade but guess what the pups and one adult still died.

all the shade and water in the world will NOT save a dog from heat stroke in 100+ weather. :cry: