Dogomania

Guess What!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

you seriously think a shaded yard is all they need?...all day long?..for a deaf dog....who needs in vision companionship???

yes i know my parents yard, i've lived there most of my life..

DAL: let me ask you a question.....if these dogs were your "human" kids, would you just drop them off at the neighbors?....or leave them in the yard????

No and i never said FORSURE that we would have to have Cody and Zoey next door. that is a worse case senario and my mom's dogs dont get along with Zoey. which is why in the past my parents were iffy of her comming there..

wow... i totally have no respect for you whatsoever now. :|

Who cares

So when exactly will you be taking care of YOUR 3 dogs and your cat?

Justin and I will.. when is aid we would be gone on the weekends, the dogs will be comming with us we will be going up north to camp at our cabin. the dogs are ours and we will take care of them

and yet, you want to DUMP your dogs at the neighbors or keep them in the yard.....

All ready answered this

grow up....i have no tolerance for people like you...
great.. good to know

I don't get it. So, you're moving to your parents house, they may have a problem with Zoey so she'll be forced to live next door, alone. Cody will be alone in the yard all day.

cody and zoey will not be seperated..

You already have aggression issues with Cody and your parents don't like Zoey. In fact, you don't even like Zoey, something which you've been mighty quiet on lately.

thats because Zoey and I have been going to refresher ob. classes i do love zoey she is just justins dog and tends to not listen.. but that's why we are at the ob. classes
my parents love zoey its their dogs that might not like her..

She was on a little while ago, but never posted.

Typical.
Grow up

edited to add: I've been sitting here thinking about this issue and I seriously think that you should consider counseling DAL. I'm not trying to be insulting. I think there is something missing in your life and you're trying to find it by moving, or buying dogs, or buying cats, or leaving your husband....or whatever. You're motivated by chaos. Your life is chaotic. Please consider my suggestion. Perhaps you should stay where you are and stabilize your life.

Not that it's any of your bussiness.. but I have been getting counsiling.. Since my freind was killed and i am on meds for it.. so .. thank you very much..

she already said it all.....I can't speak for anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned, I now consider her an animal abuser...

Think what you want but my animals are taken care of and healthy and are loved.

nooooooooooooo...that's all she HAS been doing...it's called: I LOVE myself..........she needs to STOP looking in the mirror and take a look at the situation that she created....

That's just rude..

And she isn't nearly as hot as she seems to think she is...

have you looked in a mirror lately?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Lucky Chaos']So, where did all these poms come from? The same place? And did you actually rescue them, because I find that hard to believe.[/quote]

Yes boonie and stryker were from a resuce group.

[quote name='DeafAussieLover'][quote name='Lucky Chaos']So, where did all these poms come from? The same place? And did you actually rescue them, because I find that hard to believe.[/quote]

Yes boonie and stryker were from a resuce group.[/quote]

But, a puppymill rescue? What about the new one?

And what happened to Cody's aggression issues?

ok now i have a question cuz it seems like you guys wanted dal to respond she took a day so she wouldnt argue and answer just the questions...she answered them and yet you are saying the only reason she did is so you dont put her on the do not adopt list....lets just be happy she answered the questions....

but here is my questions we are in the military so we are drug from base to base at least once every 3 years so we have to adjust to a new home each time and yes this the first adjustment that my dog will have to make when we move yet again...but you guys are worried about the dogs being moved so much around and we do move around alot are you guys saying that we shouldnt have dogs at all.....Alot of the military wives who's husbands are deployed get animals some for protection some for companionship and they are treated like part of the family and if you move the dogs just readjust with you...And in naomi and justins part on moving they did have a choice that she forgot to mention that was part of their decision they could of re enlisted which justin was considering but the company is moving to germany and there are alot of dog restrictions to going there so that played in part of his decision along with other things so that should show everyone that she does think of the animals well being...

The appearance comments really weren't appropriate folks. Hats off to those who apologised. It takes a big person to do that.

Its the dogs that I am extremely concerned about at this point and not their owner. How many more dogs are you going to go through that don't adapt to your lifestyle? I personally think its crazy getting another dog whenever you know that you will have problems with your accomodation and living at your parents not to mention that you now have a kitten as well to contend with. You really need to look at the situation and appreciate the animals that you have and be thankful that you do have them instead of rushing out to get more pets in an attempt to try and fill a psychological void. Think about whats in the animals best interests and not your own.

There is only the Puget Sound Pomeranian Club. I also did a petfinder search for poms in our area and there was one up for adoption. My point is that small dogs dont show up in the shelters or rescue very often around here and if they do they dont last very long at all. You practically have to camp on the rescues door step to get a small/toy breed. The group I volunteer for doesn't even have a breed rep for the Pom, they need one by the way.;)

NO no one is saying military people (or anyone who moves around) should not have dogs. I'm just saying DAL should not have gotten another dog tight now. It's not that she's moving, it's that she is moving with no plan and three other animals already.

The thing is DAL has displayed this kid in a candy store thing. OOOh it's PRETTY! I MUST have it .... NOW!!!

I could be wrong but ...
The situations DAL has presented to us over the years and her way of expressing herself lead me to believe she lacks a strong sense of self. She is Justin's wife, she is an army wife, she is the owner of a deaf dog, she tragically has to rehome a dog or two - these are dramtic ROLES, situations etc and they allow her to be something special without being NAOMI, whomever that may be. She needs the crisis and the dramatism and the big changes and our attention (like a junky) because she isn't content within herself, she doesn't have a purpose or goal or a regular role for herself as just Naomi.

Maybe I'm wrong or speaking out of turn but I've said it before and I'll say it again: You need to spend some time with yourself and honestly decide who you are, who you want to be and what you want out of life. Then you need a workable plan and then, and this is the important part, you need to take small reasonable steps to get there. You can't keep flitting from crises to dramatic scenarios to pretty little amusments - you won't be happy.

Sadly it may be, that there are dogs that are going to be distressed in the process but hopefully whatever therapy she is getting will help her.

tx2478 wrote:
[quote]are you guys saying that we shouldnt have dogs at all[/quote]
It may be unpopular but I have to say:
If you need protection get an alarm system. If you want companionship a dog is a great option if you are make you very best effort to be sure you will be able to continue to provide for the animals needs for its lifetime. Realistically I don't see how a single military person can reasonably expect to be able to have a dog or cat. They can be deployed or have to move very often. Maybe if their extended family has a pre-existing arrangement to care for their pet when needed. As for famalies with one member in military service - I think it is quite reasonable for them to manage a pet or two but it must take more work and more planning and more dedication than for famillies that don't have to be concerned with deployment and moving bases. They just have to be aware and prepared for it.

well unfortantualty they dont let us install alarm systems on our house on post but when looking for a dog my husband said it had to be a good protector since he was away from us...and star is just that and our moving situation isnt going to be that different from Dals cuz whethere we move to wyoming or colorado we will have to stay with family until we get our house cuz they just dont let us go there and pick a house out ahead of time usually they do but not this time cuz of the iraq thing they have to wait until the last minute to be released...and i appreciatie your comment on the how it is unrealastic but in reality alot of us have dogs and we do have to plan and one of the things they say is you need a care plan for your animal. And alot of the people i have met treat there dogs just like there kids and would be lost without them so just cuz of the jobs our spouses take should not justify having or not having an animal

ok now i am rambling i am sorry i know there are going to be alot of disagreements and i accept them but i just want to add that maybe all things happen for a reason and look at it from a positive point moose came into dals life for a reason whether it be cuz she needed him or he needed her i know you guys are worried about the animals but she does take care of them and justin knows she got them and he accepts them so besides just telling her how you feel here on the board she is going to do what she wants and what makes her happy and that is just how it is i am not sure if she is coming back to the board for she has a board on another site that has supported her thru this so i am not sure if she will read anymore

[quote name='Michele'][quote]she is going to do what she wants and what makes her happy [/quote]

that's what it's always been about....I am going to pray that these dogs don't end up with behavior problems or worse, in a shelter....[/quote]

Thats exactly what I was thinking. And really, if she wants to run away to another board, ok.. I thought everyone here was friends, and like Mei said, I thought that ment, telling her what she needed to hear, not what she wanted to hear. I'm just praying that all of the animals stay safe.

[quote name='tx2478']moose came into dals life for a reason whether it be cuz she needed him or he needed her[/quote]

So are you willing to tell us where Moose came from?

I do appreciate what you're saying Tx and it isn't about you or your situation at all in my mind. It's not about moving or even being unsettled it is about COLLECTING animals (pom, pom, kitten, pom) in rapid succession and WTF is that all about?! To equate your situation with DALs is selling yourself way short, IMO there is no comparison.

I have, for the most part, stayed out of this, but now I will repeat what I said earlier. DAL, you really need to think this through. I know you've had problems, issues, with dogs, family and husband....I am not saying you should never get another dog, I just dont think this is the right time.

now for the hard questions...I dont intend to hurt, but you need to think about these things?

Are you and Justin really "solid"? or "working it out"...they are two different things.some of the things you have told us about him make me worry that the "working out", wont work.

to me, you appear unsure of yourself, unsure of your situation, and unsure of your status. I know you are in counseling, and I applaud that,
and am sorry about your friend, but I think there were issues even before that. Is this a good time, if you are honest with yourself, to bring in a new pet? Try not to look at me as the enemy...I am asking you to look at YOURSELF, not your situation, and say honestly that you are completely at ease with your choices. when it comes to animals and children, our choices affect every aspect of their lives. til they die.

when/if you ever have children, the decisions become even harder. where do you draw the line on what you want, as opposed to what is best for them?

I send you good vibes, and hope that it all works out, but I dont believe it will without some soul-searching on your part.

:(

[quote]alot of us have dogs and we do have to plan and one of the things they say is you need a care plan for your animal.[/quote]
If you have a plan and you can do it then like I said, dogs are great companions and I see no reason why you aught not have them. I do think folks have some good points in DAL's case though.

[quote]ok now i am rambling i am sorry i know there are going to be alot of disagreements and i accept them but i just want to add that maybe all things happen for a reason and look at it from a positive point moose came into dals life for a reason whether it be cuz she needed him or he needed her[/quote]

Uh, he didn't "come into her life" SHE was looking for another pom and went out and got him, from where I don't know, as there doesn't seem to be many poms for adoption. She still has refused to say where Moose came from, and she said the other two were from rescues. What rescue? the "puppymill" rescue? Why on earth would you want to go back there, or there in the first place?

I know you're her friend and are defending her, I've defended my friends before, and I will continue too. But I think you should take a good look at her situation.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Alot of the military wives who's husbands are deployed get animals some for protection some for companionship and they are treated like part of the family and if you move the dogs just readjust with you...[/quote]
I dont really think her dogs are considered "family" to her. I may be wrong but it just doesnt seem that way to me.

Also.... Not trying to be mean, or bitchy, or petty but...Why would you need an alarm system for a house on a military base?
I know the two bases Im familiar with have GREAT security. Especially nowadays.

[quote name='Hmmmm']

Also.... Not trying to be mean, or bitchy, or petty but...Why would you need an alarm system for a house on a military base?
I know the two bases Im familiar with have GREAT security. Especially nowadays.[/quote]

The bases are usually safe but when kids go to high school they make friends and bring them on post and literally right before billy left there were a bunch of break ins in broad daylight...one guy went to work came home and his stereo and dvd and vcr and anything they can carry he was shocked cuz his house is attached to someone elses and it was 4 houses down and they were doing that alot we have mps but that is why for protection...and i know you didnt imply but just to clarify we didnt get star for just that but that was a requirement for my husband when we were looking...