Dogomania

Some News About Stryker..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

As some of you know I've been having a heart breaking problems with Stryker Crying at the door non stop to go and play with the kids in the neighborhood. All he does is Cry at the doors when he hears them and when i take him out to play he's in heaven smiling from ear to ear having a great time, but when it's time for him to come home he mopes around the house crying for hours on end at the door to go out..
Baileysmom watched Stryker for me Back in May when i went to Texas for a few days. And it's been since then that Stryker has been crazy to play with kids. It breaks my heart to see him so sad and crying, he didn't even pay attention to me anymore, no matter how much time i would spend withhim playing walking him.. All he wanted was kids...
So On Monday I talked to Baileysmom about Stryker.. and with tears in my eyes and a broken heart I took Stryker over to Baileysmoms house and as soon as he saw her kids he was smiling agian and running around the house not even paying attention to me at all.. Her son was carrying himaround the house, stryker was giving loves to all the kids and ignored me when i called him...

So I felt that it was only Right to Leave Stryker with Baileysmom who will take great care of him for his life. I know he'll have a forever home there, and he has his kids that he's always wanted. he was so happy when i brought him over there, that there is no way i could have denied him the joys of the kids...

I'm ready for you all to attack me now and say i'm a bad owner. But i thnk i did a good thing, i did what was in the best interest for Stryker.. He's so much happier there. I haven't seen himm that happy in months..

I just thought i would let you guys know since i'm sure baileysmom would love to brag about the new additon in their family and post pictures and stuff. we just didn't know how to tell you guys or who should tell you...

I think its great. You were just doing what was in his best intrest, in no way does that mean you're a bad dog owner. :wink: And I know that Kari will take great care of Stryker, no questions asked there. I cant wait to see pics of him at his new home, I'm sure the kids are happy to have him there, and he's so much happier. It was really brave of you to do that, though. I know you'll miss having him. But this way you'll get to see him still, so thats good, right? Hope he settles in nicely. :D

Guest Anonymous

yes I'll ge tto see him often, until we move to colorado at the end of hte year.. and then i'll still get emails and pictures from Kari. so in my eyes it's a win win situaition Stryker is happy, and i still get to see hima nd get updates on him, i talked to Kari yesterday and he's fitting in great she even sent me a pictures of Stryker and Bailey playin tug of war with strykers favorite toy! Thanks for understanding Beth

I don't think you're a bad owner DAL, Stryker is a kid himself and you're no denying to let him be. At last Stryker will find not just another good home, but he will be in another Dogomaniac home! which i find great :) you did the right think, i'm sorry you have to let him go, but it's for sure he'll be ok :wink:

See, we let go Gilligan with my sister in law and he's doing so well, like he never knew me :roll: it was hard when he leave, but now i know he's having the time of his life at his new house.

you did what any of us would have done !!!

we ALL want to have our dogs best interests at hand and if they are NOT happy then we have to find a way to let them be happy !!!

I think you did a great thing and you were NOT selfish AT ALL !!!

goodness gracies I know I would have been sooo selfish and wanted to keep my baby and never let go !!!

you are BRAVE !!!! but at least stryker is going to a GREAT home !!

does this mean you will be getting a new addition ??!

Gerri :)

DAL, your not a bad owner! You did what was best for Styker, and I can't imagine how hard that must be. It was obvious that you loved Stryker very much. Your so brave!

Just one question, didn't you adopt him from a rescue? If so, do they know that Stryker has been adopted by Bailysmom instead?

Oh, and its great that Stryker was adopted by Bailysmom! You couldn't have found a better person! :wink: Bailysmom, you better update us all the time with pics! :D

Guest Anonymous

I still want a little dog in my life yes.. not right away.. i'll just keep my eyes open and be on teh look out for the right one and when the time is right i'll get one.

as for the people about Stryker. Yes i got him froma rescue group. NO they dont know i have found a btter home for him.. they wont find out.. alena and kari and i all beelive she is some sort of puppy mill so no way would i have returned him to them...

Thanks everyone for supposting Nay (and me I guess) in this - no doubt it was a hard decision for her to make, but Stryker is very happy here and doing great. He plays with Bailey alot, but also seems to know when to stop and relax (which rupert still doesnt get :roll: ) He will be going camping with us this weekend and again next weekend, so I will be sure to take pics of them to post :D
My kids are just as thrilled as he is that he's back, they fell in love with him when he visited in may :)

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='leahluvsherpups']Sorry to go off topic but Bailysmom, where do you go camping where you can take your dogs? Hubby and I want to go camping in September and we want to take the dogs. Geesh, we need to get out more often.

Okay, back to Stryker.[/quote]

we go camping in millerslyvnia state park. they allow dogs. that's where we went for R&R with all 3 dogs..

DAL, I know it was a very hard decision to make, but it sounds like it was the right decision for Stryker. It sounds like he really needs to be around kids. Some dogs just crave the companionship of kids. You definitely did the right thing for Stryker and shouldn't feel bad about a thing!

Guest Anonymous

Thanks everyone. It was a very hard descion to make.. but it know that it was in the best interest of Stryker. He would cry for hours and hours and the neighbors could hear him he just wants kids to call his own. and as soon as he got to Kari's house he got a huge smile on his face and you could tell he was home

good job DAL...it is very hard to say goodbye, but you did the right thing.some dogs just click with kids, the endless energy, the constant attention, hugs, being carried around.....

know that Stryker is happy, and Baileysmom will take good care of him....

8)

Leah - we go camping all kinds of places. a couple weeks ago we went to Fort Warden by port townsend, this weekend wea re going to familys property on vashon island, next weekend to confluence state park in wenatchee - we also like squaw rock on the other side of mt rainier on hwy 410 and sun lakes state park........ Ive never had a problem with taking dogs as long as they are on leash and not barking constantly :wink: