Dogomania

People Don't Control their Kids!

I had Sassy at the vets office for a UTI Check & just a checkup. Well I'm sitting in the waiting area, and in comes a woman & 2 young girls. One was carrying an massive doll, & the other one was slightly handicaped. Well I stand up & move Sassy & myself away from them, and kindly ask them not to approch her. It fell on deaf ears! Sassy freaked out & backed herself into the corner behind me. All the while mom is on the other side of the room chatting with a friend. While her 2 children are harassing others with pets. Sticking & waveing their hands in front of strange dogs, not even asking the other owners. And I'll be damned if the one with the doll didn't get right in Sassy's safe space. I'm like, look she's wearing a muzzle, please leave her alone. Kid looked at me like I was stupid!!! Kept saying nice doggie, does she bite? I said yes she does, so please back off. Finally mom comes over takes one look at Sassy & asks if she can pet her :o I said no, she doesn't like strangers, so please leave her alone. Meanwhile Sassy is fighting to get far enough away from all these strange people. Made her really happy to finally see the vet :-? I was thinking next time lady put your kids on a leash!!

I know the feeling. Free looks like a lab, so its instantly "OH LOOK! a LAB! go pet it!"

NOT....NOT NOT NOT NOT

she doesnt like strangers, or small children, or being surrounded.

I have actually YELLED at parents "Get your KIDS away from my dog! NOW! or I WONT be responsible for what happens!"

this is after I have told both parent and children to leave her alone....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I hate kids, I really do... more so, I hate parents who dont take responsibilty for their kids and their actions. :evil:

Kat is so scared of kids! When I take her on walks if there are kids down the street her tail goes between her legs. We walk right past them usually but other times the dumb kids run up to her and start barking at her or petting her without permission. Its so annoying! :roll: And Im the kind of person that doesnt like to speak up so its really hard for me to say, you know, "Just go away!" :x

I have that problem with the kids in the neighborhood. I can't even count how many times little kids just run upto them and pet them even AFTER I tell them they don't like strangers running upto them. Our neighbor came over once when he saw that they weren't listening when I told them to leave the dogs alone so he told them to go on their way cuz the dogs could bite.

Yeah, some parents are just dummies. They need to be yelled at in order to understand a simple concept. When that happens, I don't dislike the kids; I want to teach their [i]parents[/i] a lesson.

The other day I was walking Kyra & Rory when a little girl approached us. She looks at Rory and says, very loudly might I add to her mom, "Look, look, mommy, it's a doggy like Princess! I'm going to go pet her! Hi, Princess!" I told Rory to sit & thank goodness she listened. I motioned for the mom to come over as well. She gave me a funny look.

I told her that Rory hadn't been socialized with her previous owners and doesn't know how to 'deal' with kids. The lady goes, "All dogs love kids!" I swear, I almost laughed in her face. What ignorance. I told her that her daughter could not pet Rory.

The lady went on to say that I was rude and I had a ferocious, nasty dog that looked "evil". No, Rory isn't evil...but I'll go [i]medieval[/i] on your ass if you don't get the hell away from me & my dogs!! :lol:

Some people just shouldn't have kids...period. Exclaimation mark. The End.

i know. Leash laws and choke chains for the sticky nosy little bastards! :D
This happens with Sasha all the time. People get mad when big white fluffy dog does not want to be petted.
Stupid owner rant-Sasha is female-dog aggressive and it is horrifying, you should have seen what she did to our Pom. (We have to crate-and-rotate now). Anyways. I am walking her (Sash) one night, it's dark, all of a sudden someone's side door opens and this three pound Chihuahua comes bounding out of this guy's house straight at Sasha and me. Well she is all curious of course but then I hear the guy going (laughing, mind you, like this is some kind of game) "Trixie, Trixie, come back here". Great, a girl Chihuahua. So now Sasha has really dug her heels in as there is also a person coming down the driveway and she is wrapping the leash around my legs trying to get to the Chi, I am trying to run her in the opposite direction, while yelling at this guy "Sir, PLEASE come pick up your dog!" He is not listening to me and not listening to me and finally I am getting Sasha out of there I go "Sir, this dog cannot be trusted around other females YOU MUST PICK UP THAT DOG!!!!" He picked her up, but boy was he mad at me!

:chainsaw1:
Resident angry childfree, checking in.

W.C. Fields once said:
"Children should not be seen or heard from. Ever again. "

[i]Note to entitlement minded parents[/i]: The free ride is about to disappear folks. More and more people not only do not find your offspring cute or charming, but are coming to the realization that they are indeed subsidizing your reproductive choices, and we vote.

:evil22:

those of use with children (namely me, in this instance) can attest to the work it takes to raise them, train them, make them useful members of society, and keep them out of the neighbors hair...entitlement? no. NO ONE is "entitled" to have children. it is a choice, a commitment, and a FULLTIME JOB!!!!

that being said, I have no tolerance for people (like my sister) who dont discipline their kids cuz it will "ruin their spirit..." SMACK that spirit across the butt when it gets outta line, will ya?
you're not doing your kids any favors by not training them to be decent, loving, caring adults...they will have to go into the "real"world sometime, and guess what? NO ONE will like them because YOU spoiled them rotten....

vent over...

:evilbat:

Courtnek, right on, that's what I'm saying. It just seems like the majority of parents I see take your sister's approach to child-rearing. It's not the kid's fault, but it has become so prevalent in today's society that every time I see kids in a public place it sets my teeth on edge.

Thanks Courtnek and K for saving me the typing !!! :wink:

I've always made my kids mind and behave and listen.
I do dislike other people who have kids that don't make them behave.
I've just started scolding them myself......you should see the parents faces !!! I'm just waiting for them to say something to me.....I dare'em !!! :evilbat:

[quote name='Debbie']Thanks Courtnek and K for saving me the typing !!! :wink:

I've always made my kids mind and behave and listen.
I do dislike other people who have kids that don't make them behave.
I've just started scolding them myself......you should see the parents faces !!! I'm just waiting for them to say something to me.....I dare'em !!! :evilbat:[/quote]

you and me both, and K, I agree 100%. I see too many kids who's parents just let them run amok, in restaurants,grocery stores,even at PetCo...some little 3 year old was approaching a very large and not friendly looking Great Dane. the closer he got the stiffer the Dane got, and the hair on the nape started to rise......the owner was oblivious. Just before all hell broke loose I grabbed the little guys arm and said "where's your mama honey?" he looked around the store, she was at least 20 feet away, too far for a baby IMO....he yelled "MAMA"...and she came running demanding what I was doing to her child...and I LOST it. I read her the riot act, and included the woman with the Dane for not keeping a closer eye on her dog with small kids around....It was Mama's fault, but still if I saw a small child approaching my large dog I would move away,or find mom, especially when the dog was tensed up and nape-raising....

Myabe its just me, but I can sense that at the end of the leash...probably from always having to watch Free around kids.....

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I let the little guy pet Laurel, she's about as laid back as they come. He was upset I was yelling at his mom....

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I couldn't have said it better myself K.

This is a major pet peeve of mine. I have 3 kids 13, 11 and 4 and they do not act like that while out or otherwise. My sister is known for this, she lets her kids do whatever they want and it drives me batty.. its freaking rude.

I have this look that I just shoot my kids if necessary as reminder and it stops them in their tracks. It wasn't easy getting them like this, as said above it takes training. Thats the problem, too many parents just don't want to be bothered.

Case in point:

I was at my cousins house and another cousin was there with her kids. The one kid was climbing on the kitchen counter and my Aunt told him to get down. His Mom just sat on her @ss. When we left my kids were in shock and couldn't believe they were even climbing on the counter... pretty bad when other kids are even :o

Now I won't lie, my 13 year old can be a smart @44 pain in the butt but he won't do it when we are out. I am always complimented on well behaved and helpful they are.

[quote name='IYPChrissie']Now I won't lie, my 13 year old can be a smart @44 pain in the butt but he won't do it when we are out. I am always complimented on well behaved and helpful they are.[/quote]

Sounds like me and my brother!! We're expected to be well behaved when out of the house, or when company is over. But when no one else is home, its gone to hell. lol :lol:

I have a girlfriend that has a 5yr. old son. He's an annoying little boy who I think has ADHD.
He's loud, obnoxious, and is always doing something naughty........
I really think he wears my girlfriend out and she tends to over-look some of the things he does, so I end up being the one that's always yelling at him when we're together. :-? (I should just tape record myself, cause I'm yelling at him every other minute) :roll:
I'm sure she must get sick of hearing everyone yell at him but she's got to put her foot down on that boy !!!!!

Another case is my daughter..........
She has 3 kids, that are hellions !!! Hate to say that about my grandkids BUT they are !!!!!
My daughter is the type that threatens the kids with consequences and never carrys them out. The kids realize this and have no respect for anything she says anymore. (The kids are 6, 5, and almost 2yr.)
She's too lazy to get off her butt and actually do what she says she's going to do. I think this is the problem with a lot of parents these days.
I had my grandson in tears one day because I asked him to stop doing something and he didn't. So I again asked him to stop or I'd make him sit.
He still didn't stop and pretty much laughed at me........ :o
I got up to get him and he started running and I caught him and forced him to sit. At first he thought it was funny and a joke..... but when I wouldn't let him get up he started to cry. Too bad, so sad.
Then when I did let him up he went crying to his mama..........
I told her not to coddle him for being bad :roll:
I hate to say it, but she's going to have her hands full when these kids are older........... :-?

Why is it that parents these days think being their kids friend is more important than giving them rules, structure and limitations ? :-?

I hate when people ask if they can approach Smokie. I just never know how he's going to take it. He doesn't like anybody in the yard, and he doesn't like young kids under 5. I hate bringing people new people around in the house. I'm not sure how he'll take to them, luckily, he's always fine, but I hate when they don't like dogs and I have to put him in a room by himself.

I'm lucky the kids in my town are for the most part raised right, and ALWAYS ask if they can pet Buddy. I always thank them for asking and reinforce it ("it's so important that you always ask, good job!") then I say yes (or once, yes but you have to put the stick down first :) ) and I teach them to approach gently and under the chin. Parents seem to appreciate all this.