Dogomania

Need help asap cody's super aggressive

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have NO CLUE what has happend to my little boy.. but today he's been so aggressive it's really scaring me.. today we were out front and there were little kids outside they asked to pat him and they did, then they came back.. cody tried to bite the little girl..
then at petsmart when i was picking him up he tried to attack and snap the guy comming in the door.. then we were walking out and he went to attack adog walkign in and ended up biting mmy knee instead.. i dont know what has happend to him but he's soo aggressive.. what do i do? it's to the point i dont trust himw ith anyone butmy self. if i take him out he now has to have a muzzle on. and i wanted to take him tot he dog a thon thiss weekend but unless he's muzzled that'ss a no go.. i'm so worried that Justin is going to tell me to put him down becuase he's turned so aggressive.. we want to have kids in the future... i can't even trust him with adults........
help.............

We've been doing the NIlIF and it's been going great.. but.. i just dont know what to do anymore...

Guest Anonymous

no becuase he's been showing signs of aggression his whole life.. it's just now more obveous.. they all get equal time alone with me. indiviudally and as a groupd the kitten is always put up in the guest room and only allowed to play with 1 pup at a time for 10 mins.. cody likes to play with him and bark and play bow to him and play.. so i'm not sure that it's the cat....

[quote]we want to have kids in the future... i can't even trust him with adults........[/quote]

I'm so confused. I thought just a few months ago you were talking about divorcing Justin because of his alcohol problems. Did that get cleared up? Is he getting help?

Has this only happened today? Has Cody been acting strangely in any other ways? Has anything in your daily routine changed?

cody is such a good dog he was always good with the kids i wonder if it where the people are standing to him...like by his bad eye and he is seeing a shadow...i hope he gets better cuz i know you love him so much just like he is your kid, and i know you putting him down would be the last resort so i support whatever you do

Guest Anonymous

no cody's not goign blind.. he sees great he doesn't like it when people get in to his little bubble. we were thinking maybe he has a littler perfifial vision problems but got his eyes chekcd out ok last year .
Cody has always been dog aggressive and snapped at certain people. if you remeber i took him to petsmart for socialization 3 times a week for 4 months straight. hoping that would work.. nothing out of hte ordinary has happend expect justin was home for a few weeks and now he's gone again.. he is super aggressive though and i dont know why..
yes justin and i have worked things out. that's my personal bussiness though. I just dont know what to do with Cody.. i'm so upset i can't belive how aggressive he is getting...

I agree with DO, have him checked out by his vet before anything else to rule out any possible medical issues. How close were the strangers to you when he 'snapped'? Possesivness/protectivness toward you might be a possible reason why. Seeing as how Justin had just left that could be a trigger for Cody to be more possesive. Or maybe not.

DeafAussieLover, i can give just one relly good advice: go to a trainer and a good one who will see the dog and analyse him and his behavior to identify exactly the source of his problem and how to solve it or at least deal with it, because no matter how good you describe your problem its still cant alternate professional eye
i hope it all will be solved to he best side

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='kendalyn']What do you do when he shows aggression to people?[/quote]

sign to him now and pull him close and put him in a sit/stay or if he wont do that were ever we are leave and go home

I, personally don't have a lot of tolerance for human aggression in dogs, so you may not like my post. I would do three things, in this order.

1. Get him checked out by the vet. Any pain, discomfort, get his eyes checked (you never know), maybe even his hips.

2. If nothing is physically wrong with him, call a behaviourist. Not a trainer, but someone that specializes in human aggressive dogs.

3. If that doesn't work, I would have him put down. If he can't be corrected then he's too much of a danger. I'm sorry, but this isn't a one time snapping thing, you said he's showed signs of aggression all his life. If it comes to it euthanizing him would be the kindsest and safest thing to do.

This has nothing to do with my post above, but I just had to comment.

[quote]yes justin and i have worked things out. that's my personal bussiness though. [/quote]

When you post things on a public message board they become just that, public. The question was not out of line in the least considering what you shared with us in the past. but that's neither here nor there.

I agree as well DAL. things with his vision or health could have changed since the last checkup. Alex went blind in two weeks, no one saw it coming, least of all me. now he had a somewhat rare disease, called blastomycosis, but it changed, in two weeks, his entire personality.

since he has been aggressive all along, if the health check comes back negative, he needs a behaviorist.

Dal , Cody is a lethal white and as you have experienced these guys have serious health implications. Deterioration of eye sight is also unfortunately a problem and you really would be better to get him checked out. It sounds to me as if Cody is snapping out of surprise at seeing a sudden object and this is his defence mechanism to snap.

[quote name='courtnek']I agree as well DAL. things with his vision or health could have changed since the last checkup. Alex went blind in two weeks, no one saw it coming, least of all me. now he had a somewhat rare disease, called blastomycosis, but it changed, in two weeks, his entire personality.

since he has been aggressive all along, if the health check comes back negative, he needs a behaviorist.[/quote]

That happened to Toto as well, he loved every person he came in contact with and they loved him. But he had progressive retinal atrophy and his personality started to change. It happened first at night when we would enter the room and he would growl and run at us but he always stopped when he got close enough to realize it was us. Then one night he ran at me and attacked my hand. Then he stopped when he realized it was me. So we kept him separated at night from my 10 year old niece. Then this past April it started happening during the day and he actually went to attack my niece but when she yelled he stopped. He was filled with so much fear and anxiety that I had to euthanize him. When we brought him in he was in the waiting room able to see a bit clearer in the bright lights so he was happily interacting with the children as usual. I almost walked out but I knew I had to stay it would only get worse. So checking Cody's sight again isn't a bad idea you never know I was certainly surprised how quickly he changed because I didn't notice the early signs.