Dogomania

i came here about 5 months ago

i have a puppie t is a shih tzu mix. when i first came here in feb. i was thinking jr terrier shih tzu mix but hard to tell at young age. well not she is 5 months old and well she a 15 lb. something or other.

someone just recently told me she look like a border collie!?

she is a humane society dog and they said the mom is deffinatly shih tzu (two of her sisters turned out shih tzu) well anyway just want to know what you guys think.

she is 15 lbs. and i have a dog encyclopedia (royal canine) that says the biggest a jr terrier can get is 15.5 lbs. so idk....

she digs like no other, the smartest dog i've ever met, she does hurd the ducks and guinea pigs, and she thinks shes the 'big dog' on campus (her best friend who she can tackle is a aussie that is deaf and partially blind)

oh and her name is roxy,

thanks,
cassie

this is her at 7 weeks old
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/sailordragon87/booger3.jpg[/img]

this is her at 5 months old
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/sailordragon87/roxy323.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/sailordragon87/roxy32.jpg[/img]

sorry the pictures are so big (dont know how to make 'em smaller at the moment)

yeah she does look like a mini oddball (thats the aussies name)

i will put up a pic of them playing together but i cant find in right now. but he is mostly white with a merle spot(merle is the blueish grey spot right?)
and a few brown spots and a few black spots (to tell you the trouth he doesnt really look like the austrailian sheperds i know).

when i find the pic i will get it up they are just so cute together! :D

sailordragon87

wouldn't a border collie be to big for a female shih tzu......?

[quote name='leahluvsherpups']Knowing a little about Border Collies, I would say that there is definately BC in her. She is a very cute dog.[/quote]

shes already 5 months old wouldn't you think if she was part bc she would be a bit bigger by now?

i should go have her weight checked agagin though cause it was a while ago (when she got fixed) that she was weighed.

i will find out how much she weighs soon and get back to you an updated weight.

thanks you guys for helping me out (she did hace big paws for a puppie....)

sailordragon87

[quote name='leahluvsherpups']Those lucky people are meeting in Iowa. I wish I could go.[/quote]

they are just meeting for the fun of it?? or is there a big dog show?

where in iowa are they going?

"i just hope roxy has some of the shih tzu genes and stays less then 30 lbs. *crossing fingers* we wanted a small dog because we had a bichon frise for 16 years before, so we like little dogs. lol"

thanks again,
cassie

• 4 weeks later...

the pups came in the day before and the farmer that brought them in said it was his shih tzu that gave birth to them. we are going to meet her siblings, maybe, we are organizing a meeting for the 4 pups weither they decide to come or not but it'll be fun.

*they said roxy was the runt and she was the one pup who crawled up in to the dash board so they almost had to tear apart the guys car, but the got her out alright.*

i will say how the reuniting of the pups goes maybe with some pictures????

sailordragon87