Dogomania

hi all & responses

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

yes, I understand and I am trying to remove the 'faults' comment and just say 'some can be' -that was a suggestion given by a few people on this site and it makes sense. Please allow me a few days to take a closer look and research your insights. Thank you kindly for them,
jilld

[quote name='jilld']I'm sorry I can't recall what was unfavorable to you about the JRT page. If you could kindly let me know it would be greatly appreciated. I really want the site to be accurate and each breed presented in the truest light.
jilld[/quote]

You know Jilld, we have already given you PAGES of information and have already told you what you need to fix. Here is a novel idea, instead of us yet again putting a bunch of effort forth on your behalf, why don't you just look up your own previous threads on here? I seriously doubt that an of us want to go round and round with you again. I agree with anyone who said that until your research is complete and accurate that you should take your site down. It isn't helping ANYONE if it is not accurate.

Guest Anonymous

Why dont we have some volunteers, then lay a vote down? Maybe first we should see who all would be interested... I'll start a poll...

I'd be interested. I don't know a whole lot about web design, but I do have a good deal of general knowledge on canine history and at least basic info about most breeds in general. I don't know if I'd make a good director, but maybe an assistant director or some such thing, as I am fair-minded and open to seeing all sides of most given views.

• 1 month later...

Canis erectus,
Thanks for your info. We have extended our research and made adjustments to the Borzoi dogsindepth.com page.
I'd like to do more research on the possible 7 bloodlines? Might you kindly send a link or source of documentation?
Thanks again, your kind and generous information will help to make the page as accurate as possible.
jilld
dogsindepth.com

[quote name='Canis erectus']Hi there, I'm going to chime in as well. I was perusing the Borzoi page and noticed a few mis-facts.

-Height Standard: What you have listed are commonly minimum height requirments for females and males respectively. I believe that most clubs do not list a max height requiremnt as I has seen some truelu monsterous sized males.

-Your origination description can be a little misleading. It can make it sound like Borzoi are basically a crossbreed of Sloughi and Collie. There were once several (maybe seven?) distinct types, or bloodlines of Borzoi, but almost all of them were wiped out along with the Russian aristocracy, as well as breeding ledgers and other important documents. I think it's supposed that Borzoi originated from either Sloughi or Afghans, or at least had common ancestory. Now regarding Collies, in actuality it was Borzoi that were bred to what we know now as Farm or Irish Collies in order to make a larger and more impressive show dog.[/quote]

Dear Pyrless,
Thank you kindly for your information. We have done extended research and have added or adjusted the information as per your kind heads up.
I hope the information that now appears meets your approval.
As for the Elkhound...off to do research. Will let you know when these adjustments are made.
We have also taken the advice of many on this site and are in progress of changing 'faults' to 'some may be'. At this time the working group is completed.
Thanks very kindly once again. It is very important to us that the dogsindepth.com site is accurate.
It has been difficult discerning a person's input as money making goal minded breeders send us conflicting information. As we have found all your input to match the research we've done we are especially grateful to you and should you send along any other information we would honor it as your integrity speaks for itself.
We have also finally broken free from the original agreement with our host company to trade site space for a google ad bar. The ad bar has been removed-whew!-we are happy not to advertise breeders who we have not investigated!
Regards,
jill
dogsindepth.com/working_dogs/great_pyrenees.html
[quote name='pyrless']ok. jilld, i mentioned this before but I will say it again. A Pyr should never ever be aggressive towards people. You should really say "dog-aggressive", especially same-sex dogs. I also mentioned that the Pyr does not need room to run, he needs room to patrol. A city yard is fine, but you should distinguishe between city-living and apartment-dwelling. He only eats about 4 cups a day as his metabolism is slow. People often overestimate the weight because of the abundant coat, and should always ALWAYS be weighed before getting any kind of medication, but especially anasthesia. The pet Pyr should not have an outdoor lifestyle. A Pyr needs a flock, and if he is not an LGD his family is his flock and he needs to live indoors with them. Also the Pyr is not a "cross", it is a pure breed developed along the same lines as the other LGDs you mentioned.
The Elkhound should be silver, not gray. Not to split hairs, but "Elkhound" is a misnomer, they were bred to hunt moose ("elg" in norwegian) and bear. And retrieving is definitely NOT in their MO! :wink:
Anyway. I appreciate what you are trying to do.[/quote]