Dogomania

Suggestions for shampoo for bulldogs

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I took all the dogs to be groomed a few weeks ago, and now Luke (bulldog) has a skin infection. He's on antibiotics and it's clearing up. I know not to bathe him unless it's really necessary. However, I do clean his wrinkles and most especially his face every day with doggie wipes.

But when he does need a bath (which I will do at home from now on) what type of shampoo would be the best to try on him? I have a medicated shampoo that I used to use on Bentley (also skin issues). That is I used to use it when he still fit in the bathtub! :lol: It's an oatmeal shampoo. Would this be okay to use on Luke? Or is there something better out there? Any suggestions would be great appreciated. Thanks guys! :)

While we're talking about doggie shampoo, what would be a good shampoo to use on Pooh Bear? The skin on his butt is flaky where the hair is growing back after being shaved for his surgery. I suppose some type of moisturizing shampoo? Anyone have any good recommendations for that? At least he's not itchy.

Not that I'm an expert or anything but I'd use a very mild soap, not one with so much fragrance in it. I think that would just irritate it more. I say try the oatmeal shampoo that's suppose to be really good for dry skin, so I'm thinking it would help in your case. Also I'd make sure the bath is really just barely lukewarm.

Guest Anonymous

I just spotted this so I'm gonna reply now. K, I don't bathe him all that often. My vet said not to if it can be avoided. But sometimes he rolls around in poop and just has to be bathed. That's why I was looking for suggestions for the type of shampoo to use. One that hopefully wouldn't irritate his sensitive skin. :)