Dogomania

I can't believe it, this is awful...

Guest Anonymous

He was scared of the dog but went back inside to get a knife and got close enough to stab the dog. What a load of crap. I'm glad the authorities caught him in his lie.

RIP sweet baby.

[quote name='ShatteringGlass']I groomed this dog, he'd been coming to my work since he was like 5-6 months. Im so upset right now, for the dog, for the owner. He was such a great dog. Im gonna miss him. :( :( :(

[url]http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/06/25/neighbor_is_charged_in_killing_of_pit_bull/[/url][/quote]

Please tell D-Bo's owner that all of us at Dogo were horrified by the story and very saddened at the loss of such a beautiful dog.

That guy is pure evil..............
There is no way he stabbed that dog out of fear.. :-?
If I were approached by a dog that made me fearful I would not attempt to go back outside where the dog might be again. I would call Animal Control or the Cops.
His story doesn't make any logical sense. AND the fact he lied and changed his story so many times just goes to prove he did it out of malice. :evil:

R.I.P D-Bo..... :angel:

Shattering, keep up posted on any news. I'm searching the local papers for any updates on the a$$wipe. What this jerk did is disturbing. What is being missed here is that the city of Fall River is having issues with Pit Pulls and he is only adding to these issues and fears. For him to say that he feared for his safety and he had to stabb the poor animal now others will feel the need to do the same :evil: :evil:

Guest Anonymous

That poor dog.
I'm sure the guy was real scared of the dog. Thats why he went back out there? :roll: Then got close enough to stab the dog.
It is very sad and I really feel for the owners of the dog but.... She shouldnt have let her dog out to run free. No leash, no fence. People with any breed, but especially pit bulls should know better, regardless of how well-behaved or sweet the dog is.

Hmmm I agree with you also. I am split down the middle on this. See my above post where I wrote that FR is having issues with Pits. How do I say this without offending anyone? Ok I have real estate properties in this city. The city is a low class, blue colar workers. Over populated with strays. FR was notoriously know for illegal Pit Bull fighting. High crime well you get my point. On the street I have my homes I see a white Pit unleased all the time run up and down the street. She is very nice but what if I wasn't scared of her? Anywho I feel terribly for the owner and I truly understand that D-Bo ran out the door, but being familiar with the city I would have taken extra precaution. RIP D-Bo.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Anywho I feel terribly for the owner and I truly understand that D-Bo ran out the door, but being familiar with the city I would have taken extra precaution.[/quote]
I feel bad for them as well, and I do think something should be done to this guy. If it were my dog there is a chance I would have done more to him than just call the police.
Again there is a BUT. Pit bull owners need to take special care that their dogs dont get out. There are so many things to worry about... Especially if there are already major problems in the area. I really do feel bad for the owners of D-Bo, but I also find them partly responsible for what happened. The lady didnt go chase after her dog when he got out. She just assumed he would be right back. Thats wrong to me. Although I do think the guy that stabbed D-Bo is totaly in the wrong :evil: .

[quote name='Hmmmm']I feel bad for them as well, and I do think something should be done to this guy. If it were my dog there is a chance I would have done more to him than just call the police.
Again there is a BUT. Pit bull owners need to take special care that their dogs dont get out. There are so many things to worry about... Especially if there are already major problems in the area. I really do feel bad for the owners of D-Bo, but I also find them partly responsible for what happened. The lady didnt go chase after her dog when he got out. She just assumed he would be right back. Thats wrong to me. Although I do think the guy that stabbed D-Bo is totaly in the wrong :evil: .[/quote]

Exactly what I wanted to say thanks Hmmm I just didn't have the right words :wink: .....

I find it VERY hard to believe that D-Bo did anything but wag his tail at this guy. This dog had been groomed by myself or my co-workers about 9 or 10 times, never once growled, snarled, showed teeth, or even looked at me funny. If a dog can pleasant while under stress like being groomed, theres no way he tried to bite anyone while just walking in a yard.

He just came in earlier this month for a groom, and the onwer just moved like a week ago, and we only have her old address. I called her veterinarian to see if they would give us her new address to send a card, but they cant give out that information. Should we just send it to the vet and have them send it to her?

Guest Anonymous

I did read that. But it also says she didnt go after him, she just assumed the dog would come back.
Im sorry but friendly or not, dogs shouldnt be running around loose.
Like I said, people with pit bulls need to be more careful. If it was a lab do you think the guy would use the excuse he stabbed it cause he was scared? Of course, it would still be wrong for a lab to be running around loose.
Honestly, AAP, if your dog gets out are you going to assume he'll come back and not go after him? Especially in a place that has been having issues with pit bulls? I know I would be right on his butt. He wouldnt have even gotten out of my sight.
I think both parties are wrong here. Moreso the guy but the owners should have been more responsible with thier dog.

[quote name='Hmmmm']I did read that. But it also says she didnt go after him, she just assumed the dog would come back.
Im sorry but friendly or not, dogs shouldnt be running around loose.
Like I said, people with pit bulls need to be more careful. If it was a lab do you think the guy would use the excuse he stabbed it cause he was scared? Of course, it would still be wrong for a lab to be running around loose.
Honestly, AAP, if your dog gets out are you going to assume he'll come back and not go after him? Especially in a place that has been having issues with pit bulls? I know I would be right on his butt. He wouldnt have even gotten out of my sight.
I think both parties are wrong here. Moreso the guy but the owners should have been more responsible with thier dog.[/quote]

I dont think this is the time for placing blame. Yes, she could of been more careful. But accidents like a dog getting loose happen, but stabbing a dog to death is no accident. After D-Bo ran out, she left the apartment calling him, thats when she heard him scream. This all happend fast, it's not like he ws loose for hours and she didnt go after him.