Dogomania

My new doggie ...yes you heard me, MINE!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaning towards a threesome...the shape of the face and ears is Shibu,
the body is Labish, but the head? the head is hound, I would guess Beagle as well...

her sister has a similar shaped face as well, but the coloring and body is completely different, so I would also agree possibly two fathers....

the teller would be when she barks..the whole bay/woo woo woo thing is usually a giveaway....

shes so CUTE!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and Kat is a good name for a dog. I had a friend with a cat named Dawg....

8)

Thanks everyone!!! :biggrina:

..and to answer some of your questions:
-she is about a year old
-yes Im keeping the name Kat b/c she knows it already, her full name is Katrina Amber Isek (hehe)
-Her nor her sister have ever barked before so I have no idea if she bays which would indicate hound

WOOHOO!!! :multi: Im so freakin happy!

I went shopping yesterday for her :lol: ...even though shes not mine YET. I bought a spiked/studded leather collar which I find hilarious since shes such a wuss. :lol: :roll: I also got supplements, a brush, bowls, toys, flea/tick/misquitoe treatment, and some other stuff that I forgot. I wouldve bought food but I havent asked what food shes on now so I couldnt.

When we get her were going to buy a lot more stuff. :evilbat:

Thanks again everyone, your input/kind words is great to have! :D

[quote name='CoalSky']I've always wanted one for Coal because he looks so much like a lab I thought it would be funny cuz people think they're so innocent and sweet (not that Coal isn't :wink: ) but it turns out a lot of people are afraid of him!! :o I guess it's the big black dog thing :roll: [/quote]

How could people be afraid of Coal?! :o :lol:

[quote name='ESSlover'][quote name='CoalSky']I've always wanted one for Coal because he looks so much like a lab I thought it would be funny cuz people think they're so innocent and sweet (not that Coal isn't :wink: ) but it turns out a lot of people are afraid of him!! :o I guess it's the big black dog thing :roll: [/quote]

How could people be afraid of Coal?! :o :lol:[/quote]
I'm guessing only ignorant people. :wink: Coal is sooo innocent looking!

You guys are so entertaining! :lol:

Anyhoo, yup shes from Straydog but being fostered. So yeah I get to see her all the time anyway... :lol:

Im not sure when Im going to take her home now because Straydog isnt having Adoption Day next weekend which is when I was planning on taking her. And since my mom doesnt want to drive 4 hours back and forth to get her I have to find another way. I emailed the founders daughter, (who sometimes works at Straydog) since she lives in Plano, and hopefully she'll be able to transport Kat to me sometime soon. It has to be after Wednesday since thats when were moving but hopefully no later than that Monday (not tomorrow). So thats why we have to wait, because of the move.

Oh and Shara I might need some help on agility equipment because Id really like to do that with Kat :D

:banan: So freakin anxious!!! I dont think I can wait more than a week for her to actually come home with us!!!! :oops: :lol:

[quote name='CoalSky']:lol: I have no idea, it's usually people that don't know him. I had someone ask me the other day if he bites :lol: He will bark a LOT at strangers but when they go near him he'll run away :roll:

Anyway, back to CC and her new dog! YAY! :P[/quote]
At least it isn't as bad as someone asking you if you could "swap dogs" with them so they could fight your dog! Man that guy was insane! :lol:

Rowie, dont worry my friend... Ill be posting pics so much youll want to kill me :lol: ...and I highly doubt youre excited as I am, lol, Im going out of my mind waiting.... :errrr:

Coal, well they have Adoption Day at PetsMart every weekend but with July 4 coming up theyre worried about slow traffic. I could adopt Kat this weekend if I wanted to but the shelter is too far away to go and pick her up.

And yuppers I wanna build the stuff on my own... its way too expensive otherwise.

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']

And yuppers I wanna build the stuff on my own... its way too expensive otherwise.[/quote]

I can give you the only tip I know!!

I know a woman that for her weave poles, she uses toilet plungers! She gets them from like a Home Depot or Lowes. They are just the cheapie ones.....but it's so funny to walk into her house and see 10 toilet plungers in the corner of her family room! We always laugh about it.

[quote name='Lucky Chaos']I use toilet plungers. They're cheap and stand up well inside, for a rainy day or in the winter.

Buying them was quite embarassing though, imagine walking to the check out with 6 toilet plungers. :oops:[/quote]

They were probably afraid to ask why you needed so many! LOL