Dogomania

Dog Food anyone????

thornbirdskkk

I am feeding Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers Soul Senior kibble and Science Diet canned. They only get the canned meat in the evening, less than 1/2 ounce each. It's just to add a bit of 'excitement' to the bowl! :D They would eat the kibble dry, I use it as training treats as well.
In the morning, they each get a dollop of yogurt on top, each dog eats the yogurt first then polishes off the kibble.
My dogs also get at least one egg each week, cooked fresh fish, canned sardines, and the girls will eat strawberries, apples, melon, and pineapple. (no grapes of course)
Brittany will eat tomatoes, Jesse does not think fruit and veggies are food at all. 8)

[quote name='Doberfanatic'] Sometimes get a little squishy poop with Innova, but it's easy to overfeed that stuff. Generally they do pretty well on it though..[/quote]

Doberfanatic, I find that Maisy has squishy poo with EVO as well......is there anything you do to counteract that ??
She is also the only one of my 3 to have recurrent anal gland issues. :oops:

Someone told me if I added Pumpkin to the food it would be adding a filler that would take away from the *RAW* idea the food is based on.....

Sydney is on Canidae all life stages. She also gets a few things added in with it. Every day I add in 1 1/2 table spoons of In-Flight Coat Formula, and a 1000mg of fish oil to each meal. Every other day or so she gets some baby carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, and plain yogurt. I also give her a whole raw egg 1-2 times a week.

[quote name='Debbie'][quote name='Doberfanatic'] Sometimes get a little squishy poop with Innova, but it's easy to overfeed that stuff. Generally they do pretty well on it though..[/quote]

Doberfanatic, I find that Maisy has squishy poo with EVO as well......is there anything you do to counteract that ??
She is also the only one of my 3 to have recurrent anal gland issues. :oops:

Someone told me if I added Pumpkin to the food it would be adding a filler that would take away from the *RAW* idea the food is based on.....[/quote]
Deb, you could add some psyllium to your dogs diet.

Mine are all fed RAW. Munkee is allergice to chicken so he gets beef or pork while the others eat mainly chicken. They also get pureed veggies occasionally, eggs, chicken innards, cottage cheese, yogurt, fish oil caps & kelp powder.

There's nothing wrong with feeding pumpkin, dogs do need some fruits & veggies in their diets. I feed pumpkin for upset tummies.

Guest Anonymous

Mine get a home cooked meal.... Chicken, cabbage, Quail (raw beef mixture made for working dogs), rice.... a ton of stuff. I do mix some Diamond puppy in with it.

One thing about raw eggs... Its the shell you want your dogs to get. Anytime I cook eggs I save the shell, let it dry, grind it up and throw it in a jar. Then I sprinkle it over the food when I throw the garlic in. You should make sure to grind it up well as large chunks of the shell can cut your dog up on the inside.

I hav eto back DOber up on this one... the pups are eating Pro Plan right now and are doing great. I started them out on Innova puppy and Merrick's canned food, and I had constant problems with runny poo and flatulence. Coats dulled up, the whole caboodle - something I would have NEVER expected from a super premium.

Back on the PP, and coats are inproving, firm stools, no more weight fluxuation, etc. I'll keep my boy on it until it's apparent that he needs to be switched, because he's doing fantastic on it now.

Pro Plan seems to be a chosen food for alot of people who compete...i'm on a dock dogs message board and like 90% of the people on there feed Pro Plan...and they swear by it..

Maggie use to eat Pro Plan a few years ago....she did fine on it if I remember correctly..it has been a few years...

kat, i pay $28 for a 35lbs. bag of the chicken soup dog food
and $18 for a 44lb bag of diamond lamb and rice.

i recently discovered that solid gold is available about 15 minutes away..so if I get a lil extra money and someone to drive me...i might pick up a bag and see how the dogs do...