Dogomania

Florida Hotels in the Panhandle- Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All It has been a long time since I have written. Stealth is doing great. He turned 1 yrs on March 26th and is fat as can be. I think that we are on a average of 85lbs.

Here is my problem. My husband and I and his mom are planning on going on vacation this summer- actually towards the end. If my mother in law did not go then she would watch Stealth. But we wanted to invite her along and bring Stealth because I don't want to kennel him at all. I don't have anyone else to watch him and all. Does anyone know any hotels that would accept a 85 lb dog? He is kennel trained and house trained. Please someone help.

For those who want to know why I will not kennel him is because he goes crazy if he is in the kennel and someone is around and he is not one to be in the kennel all day and I don't think that he will do good because he also suffers from seperation.

Thanks All!
Jessica

Guest Anonymous

A while ago I found a book at the library about traveling with your dogs. It was by AAA so generally any hotel in there probably could go for a AAA discount too. There were a couple different ones, but one specifically for florida.
You might want to check out a travel agency, they might be able to do a better seach for you.

I still haven't understood the weight restriction... what does weight have to do with anything about the dogs nature? Does a bigger dog mean bigger poo? And don't you have to clean that up anyways?

i know that just kills me and plus alot of big dogs are just wimps and big babies.....well atleast mine is. LOL

actually i looked at [url]www.floridavacations.com[/url] which is a site for rental homes in florida and i got one in Pensacola, Fl and he is only charging me 50 for Stealth to go. I am really excited.

Thanks for the help I will also look into those.

Jessica

Guest Anonymous

Not a bad deal at all. Now if it could only be that cheap for an apartment. Most places want to charge 200$ deposit, 200$ fee, and a monthly payment of like 10-25$. It's ridiculus.

Word of advice... watch out for the hurricanes.

The red cross is finally gonna open up a shelter for families with pets. A lot people last year wound up at hotels with thier doggies and kitties. It was a really cute picture with all the doggies waiting out the storm in the lobby.

thanks for the info-----yeah that is what i am nervous about.......I just wished that I could find a beach area there where I could take him in the water. I know that the beach where we are staying at is a island off of Pensacola Florida so there are alot of private areas........I am crossing my fingers!

Jessie

• 3 years later...