Dogomania

Sensitive skin...

abker17

Poor Abby's devoloped dandruff and her skin seems to be really sensitive around her leg areas for some reason. She's shedding alot so I've been brushing her daily. Today when I went to brush her legs she suddenly jumped up as if I had hurt her or poked a sore spot. She also flinches whenever I pull out those small tuffs of under-coat hair.
Could anyone recommend a good doggie shampoo for sensitive skin/dandruff? And also how should I go about brushing her so I don't irritate the skin more or hurt her?

Any help is much appreciated. :)

Like Kat said oatmeal shampoo is good. You can also take some oatmeal, put it in an old sock or something, put her and the sock in the tub, squeeze and rub the oatmealy sock over her, rinse and let her air dry.
I would also cut back on the brushing, I know its a nuisance during a shed, maybe brush every other day for now.

Any changes in household cleaners or food?

Thanks for the advice guys, now that you mention it I have given Cracker an oatmeal bath before and it really helped. So I'll do the same for Abby.

[quote]Any changes in household cleaners or food?[/quote]

Well considering my parents just buy whatever's cheapest as far as household cleaners go, I'm not sure. :-? The only change in food has been I've stopped feeding them wet and dry mixed. Now they just get dry food. But it's the same brand etc.

Well you could ask your parents about the cleaners. If it is going to be anything it would likely be floor cleaner, carpet fresh type products, clothing detergent or fabric softeners as that is what the dog is likely to come into contact with most but it could be nothing. Hope the oatmeal helps.