Dogomania

Greenies anyone????

Well of course they're expensive, they were developed by a dentist and a Vet. Have you ever experienced an inexpensive trip to the dentist or the vet??? I haven't yet, and if you do let me know which one you use. It'll be worth the plane fare to get there. I can't explain why dogs go crazy for them but they do, Magic gets two a week and I don't give her any more than that or she will throw them up....(gotta be the chlorophyl in them)

My kids all love them. And they all take their time eating them too. It really cleans up their teeth!

But Pooh Bear things that it tastes good when it comes out the other end too. Green dog poop. Ever since I saw Pooh Bear eating Greenie poop, I don't give my kids Greenies any more.

Thanks for the info.. I cannot afford them on a weekly basis, that is ridiculous. I figure if everyone stops buying them they will have to lower the price. It is highway robbery. They only get them know on their birthdays, thanksgiving and christmas. Even then it's one a piece. It does help the teeth though, I brought my 12 year old yellow lab, Scrappy for his physical and the vet told me he had the teeth of a 2 year old! Can't say it's from the greenies, it's from any bones.

Guest Anonymous

Kiani used to like them the most, but she just doesn't seem interested at all in any treat I give her unless it's people food. But I don't generally give that away.
One night I was walking to the fridge with an arby's beef and cheddar (half a sandwhich). And I bent over to pick something up and she gulped it in one bite. To say the least, she was in big trouble. And she knew if she didn't swallow it whole, I'd taken it out of her mouth.
One night I was fixing cheeseburgers on the grill. I went inside to get the mustard and she ate a triple and a double cheeseburger. I didn't think the rope was long enough for her to get it. We ended up having to eat the chessy meatballs that I made for her, which weren't as good. Serves her right that she ended up throwing it all up in about a half hour.

Well my dogs are spoiled, they each get a greenie every day, after dinner. They know they are going to get it and come looking for it as soon as they are done eating. They can be pricey so I don't buy anything but the petite ones in bulk from Petedge.com
Once I had a bunch of coupons to get 1 any size greenie free so I got the jumbo ones. Brittany was in heaven!
Candy and Brittany have nice clean teeth, Jesse has icky looking teeth but his gums are in very good condition.
I've recently started giving them Pnutz, made by the same folks that make greenies. Dogs LOVE them. They too are somewhat expensive so they are a special treat.