Dogomania

No pit bull for me

ok my sales point..try a hound. they dont have the stigma of PB's (which I am SOOO against but mom seems to be) they are shorthaird (scent hounds), very good with kids, gentle tolerant souls that just want to be paid attention to. if Greyhounds are too big, there are foxhounds, coonhounds, etc. they are slightly smaller. as pups they need tons of exercise, and you have to get accustomed to the bay, but after having laurel I will never be without one. the lovey dog from hell...wants to be under my feet, in my face, etc....adopt an older one and you get the housetraining and laid back aspect too.

8)

beagles are good too, and LOTS of them need homes....

Well.... I may be a [i]bit[/i] biased... but.. howabout a springer? Wonderful family dogs, the two that we've had are great with our cats, Carson actually sleeps with his head on Fritz (the cat)! :lol:

Ohhh!! I was just browsing through the Springer Rescue site.. PUPPY BREATH!!! :lol:

But anywho, If you wanna browse through the site... [url]http://www.springerrescue.org/adopt/index.html[/url]

Good luck!

[quote name='DivineOblivion19'][color=indigo]IMO, I don't think that a scent hound would be good for her at all, only because her mom kinda sounds like my dad, ZERO TOLERANCE!!!! I don't think she would tolerate the baying at all..[/color][/quote]

you're right DO, that could be an issue. but they are so good with kids, other dogs, and people in general I thought may the one "really bad"trait might get overlooked....

:cry:

[quote name='DivineOblivion19'][color=indigo]IMO, I don't think that a scent hound would be good for her at all, only because her mom kinda sounds like my dad, ZERO TOLERANCE!!!! I don't think she would tolerate the baying at all..[/color][/quote]

My mom wouldnt like it and uh... neither would I. Not to say I wouldnt ever adopt one but omg baying to me is like nails on a chalkboard. :o *shudders* :lol:

Spingers... dont sound too bad but ionno, not exactly what I had in mind. Again not to say I wouldnt adopt one.

My mom keeps getting more and more picky too. :roll: Now shes not comfortable with getting a dog at a shelter. Shed rather have a dog from Straydog who Ive been around enough to know its temperament. Eh, whatever...

[quote]ESRA #2005-387TX

Color: Liver/White
Weight: 39 lbs.
Variety: Field-bred

Jeremy is a gorgeous young male with a full tail. He gets along well with other dogs, and loves to play with the young female Springer in his foster home. Jeremy took to crate training quite easily, and has not had any housetraining accidents (although he is supervised when loose in the house). He is fine with the house cat, friendly with new people, and is a very easy-going fellow.

Jeremy would do well as an only dog or as a second dog. He loves to run and would make an excellent partner for hiking, fishing, or jogging. He might even take to hunting, as he is very "birdy" in the back yard.

Jeremy is not a hyper dog, and is in fact rather laid back around the house. But like all young Springers, he needs daily exercise and attention.

Posted 5/17/05[/quote]
He's cat friendly, and not too hyper. :D Whaddya think?
[url]http://www.springerrescue.org/adopt/west/index.html[/url]