Dogomania

vaccinations

Hi Folks,

Can you please tell me in America what vaccinations your dogs get in their annual booster?

My vet here says that if theres anything different than to what we have here then he will try and give it to Kes before she goes to America so that she is protected fully.

Over here we have: Parvo, Parainfluenza, Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Influenza

Thanks in advance :D

kat,

[url]www.newvaccineprotocols.com[/url]

the vet who is maintaining that site is dr. bob rogers, [url]www.critterfixer.com[/url]

i strongly urge you to read up on the topic in order to avoid giving unnecessary vaccines. you also do not "need" and annual booster.

the only thing I see missing is rabies (and absolute MUST here, they will not allow Kes in the country without a rabies shot) and Bortadella (kennel cough, and I'm sure thats spelled wrong). I would do kennel cough simply because there may be other dogs in cargo on the plane. better safe than sorry.

when are you coming here and where are you going? Did I miss an important thread somehow?

:lol:

[quote name='courtnek']the only thing I see missing is rabies (and absolute MUST here, they will not allow Kes in the country without a rabies shot) and Bortadella (kennel cough, and I'm sure thats spelled wrong). I would do kennel cough simply because there may be other dogs in cargo on the plane. better safe than sorry.

when are you coming here and where are you going? Did I miss an important thread somehow?

:lol:[/quote]

I was going to mention Bordatella too but got busy and had to turn off the computer before I left for work.

cheers everyone! She actually doesn't have to have rabies as she is coming from the UK which is a rabies free zone. Checked all that with DEFRA, but I may get her done here before i go, because she will have to be done over there anyways. Good point about the bordatella and other dogs being on the plane. I'll get that done!

umm I've no idea when im coming but hopefully towards the end of summer in august time perhaps. can't say too much more in case big brother is watching :P