Dogomania

There's something wrong with Jackie!

[quote name='Kat'] It isn't the easiest thing to do just like milking but when I worked at the practice I was always getting called to do anal glands because unfortunately I'm rather good at the technique :lol:[/quote]
Well you know we all have our special talents. :lol:

[quote name='DivineOblivion19'][quote name='Cairn6'][quote name='Kat'] It isn't the easiest thing to do just like milking but when I worked at the practice I was always getting called to do anal glands because unfortunately I'm rather good at the technique :lol:[/quote]
Well you know we all have our special talents. :lol:[/quote]

[color=indigo]Yea, they send me out to collet urine. Apparently I'm the urine queen......[/color] :roll:[/quote]

You two certainly would have the most interesting bar tricks! "Hey baby, wanna see what I can do?" :ylsuper:

I smashed my big toenail once, and the doctor had to drill holes in the nail so relieve the pressure. I could make blood come out of the holes just by pressing my toe down. I impressed a lot of people with that one!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='JackieMaya'][quote name='DeafAussieLover']THATS GOOD TO HEAR! FGLAD IT WASN'T ANYTHING SERILUS[/quote]

LOL! Have you had a few :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: ?

But thanks![/quote]

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol :drinking:

Glad to hear Jackie is ok. Just curious, how much does your vet charge to have it done? Mine charges $20, but Christine and I carefully watched him while doing it so we could just do it at home.
Squeezing from the outside just doesnt cut it, imo. You have to actually stick your finger in the bum and squeeze both the glands w/ index finger in the bum, and thumb gripping the gland from the outside.
When Dex lets them loose, you better run for the hills.
Some dogs release them from stess, most just express them after pooping (the liquid you see after the poop.)
Ex of stress-related: Dex lets em go when he gets in my car cause he is so excited. Trust me, it sucks when you are about to embark on a cross-country journey, and forget to empty them b4 only to have Dex let 'em loose 5 minutes into the trip. :lol:
And forget about nuclear weapons, just recreate that smell and I swear it would be the worst form of chemical warfare known, lol.

I looked at my bill, and they charged $44.30 for "office call-exam" so I guess that includes the anal glands in with the general exam.

Oh man, I can't even imagine having THAT smell in a car! OMD! I would take a car full of farters over one anal gland expresser! At least the farts dissipate once you open the windows!

Anyway, Jackie is back to being bright-eyed and bushy-tailed again. That must have just felt miserable to her!