Dogomania

When is enough to much?

Crystal

Ok, I try to be understanding and "nice" but I was almost pushed passed my breaking point last night. My wonderful neighbor who got the new puppy and started letting her older dog run free may need a visit from the police.

Well you guys know that Tanner, neighbors dog, was hit by a truck a week or two ago. Well last night for who knows what reason the lady left him outside. She did not take him in and let him sleep in his crate. Well at 10:00 last night we are laying in the bed listening to barking. I got up to go check and see what was going on. I thought it was the big dog from behind us. Well there stands Tanner in my drive way barking like a nut. So I open the door and look to make sure no one is outside and there wasn't. I went back to bed. I laid there and listened to the barking for a while and tried to sleep. Well at about 3 Brad finally got up and said "I've had enough." He went to the door and looked out and still there Tanner stood in our driveway barking. So Brad set the car alarm off. Sent the poor dog running towards his house. Then he stood in her driveway and barked. We had to shut the windows so we didn't hear him so much.

So today I'm so tired. Brad said he might as well have went to work at 3 because he couldn't sleep either. This is me being very angry now. I mean come on, leave him outside and then let him bark until he drives everyone crazy. The only person in this house who slept was Brandi, she can sleep through anything. If that dog barks like that tonight I'm calling the cops and complaining about the noise. I hate to do that and be the evil neighbor, but really what else can I do? That old lady must be deaf.

Nope won't listen. Her dog is out of control and will not listen to a word she says. She just uses the excuse that he won't listen to her. I've tried talking to her about letting him run loose, him chasing cars, and him stealing from the clothes line of the house behind me. She says she can't do anything with him. :x

Well he is not housetrained. I couldn't sleep for he would eat my house and potty everywhere. When she takes him in he stays in a crate. Never allowed loose in the house. So that would be a disaster. I wish she would just rehome him, but "she is so attached to him." Bull Crap, if she was she would care more than to leave him outside barking all night. GRRRRR, I'm frustrated.

I'd call the police and make a complaint about the dog running loose AND being barking at night keeping you up..she'll get a warning at first and then if it happens again she'll get a fine..or she might just get a straight up fine..but around here you first get a warning and then a fine...i know because my neighbor is a lunatic and mains un-true complains about our dogs all the time cause he's a fricken lunatic

Errr... uh... On the rare occasion that I've had to use Benadryl for MY dogs for, you know, itching and stuff, it's never hurt them. Occasional use and all that. All it's ever done is make them [u]sleepy[/u], poor things. They so needed the relief from the scratching until I could get to the root of the problem, you see.

Of course, I would never, ever condone drugging a neighbor's dog.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WQAAAOIcFkbjkju3DyhF0Is2Awf0ooyqQf8aNFZEyMhSrRzedqhYhWU396sW7BGF9RenCBEE0Uf!LP1KIyv0*SXtM6FYWSWcO68UG8!0lvdNf6XnRqfHIoGYwXLAY18WFcxyEqg!0jA/mouse.gif?dc=4675490923803269424[/img][img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YwDwAqsfxk2VQwKU1!51HdetqBQpkey6r4Ba*Uqc8bfdY8h*3b6rvSdKSunlCzz!BT!jdfFigyEal07zKEqu8IR4yXKY3Mq9vVCkI2mntlAeniKMgP*muOa*MQUjwXwekkyiWO8Kh18L01CxoGXC6g/can%20o%20worms.jpg?dc=4675436072335082448[/img]

Well, I didn't call the police, because my husband and my dad are friends with the old ladies son. I was hoping she would do something about her dog and I wouldn't have to be the "bad" neighbor. She didn't leave him out lastnight, so I don't know if she forgot the night before or realized his barking drove us crazy. I guess the car alarm might have made her get it. Who knows?

I haven't read the replies.

But I don't think you could make a complaint against an annoyoing dog for barking. Sure you could call about getting lose, but they'd most likely just warn her.

Your best bet, is to contact the animal humane society, and as if they offer free or low cost animal training, or maybe ask if someone can talk about counceling also.

There are fines here for your dog being a nuisance. Which I am sure barkin all night would fit into. I'm sure they give a warning first. Next time I will call. Last night she took him in, so maybe it was a one time deal. I sure hope so.