Dogomania

Scout is a mess!! Help! **Picture added*

Kerislc

I am making a pork roast for a BBQ this afternoon and put it in the Crock Pot late last night. I realized that a bunch of the fat boiled over and was on the floor in the kitchen and guess who rolled in it!? He is a mess!

I just gave him a bath and started to blow dry him and he is still a greasy ball. What can I use to get the grease out. I don't really want to use dish soap, especially because he really needs his face clean.

HELP!!

Go ahead and use dish soap on him, just dilute it 1 part soap to 10 parts water, and use a washcloth to clean his face off carefully.
Or you could leave him be and invite a buch of other dogs over to help lick him clean :lol: .
He must smell delicious :haha: .

If it were MY dog, I'd wash the crap out of his face with baby shampoo (since it's tearless and easily accessible... can buy it anywhere) and then go ahead and wash with the dish soap. It shouldn't hurt a thing as long as you rinse properly. Rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse some more. As soon as the water runs clear, rinse a bit more and you should be good. A vinegar rinse will help cut some of the soap. The greatest risk you run of skin irritation from using dish soap is from not rinsing it thoroughly. The dish soap itself shouldn't hurt a thing (err... avoiding eyes, of course).

Poor Scout!! This is what he looked like -- and he is not wet. That is pure pork grease. I am about to gag!
[img]http://image22.webshots.com/22/6/32/12/361163212XqSwNy_ph.jpg[/img]
For some reason, this picture only works when I am logged in, hmmm.

I right clicked and got the properties url for the pic and saw it. Poor Scout! He looks a wee bit sorry for himself I have to say! At the surgery when we got oily cats or dogs in, our first line of defence was washing up liquid. If that failed then we went for lemon juice slightly diluted but you must be careful to watch Scout's eyes don't get lemon juice near them. Good luck! :wink: