Dogomania

Pom owners, please!

I have a question for all the pom owners here. Does anyones pom always get poop on their butt after "doing their buisness"? Its not a plesant topic, but Conner is always having this problem, and I was wondering if anyone ever had to deal with this, and if so, how? I've heard you should trim their hair, but that doesn't help him at all. It seems like he needs his bottom washed everyday, and I don't think thats normal.

This topic is only gonna get better, but here it goes-
Is it runny poop? Cricket makes these nice ,neat little tootsie rolls that are fairly easy to clean up and don't get gooed up in her butt hair. I trim the business end of course, but she has never had a problem. If it is the runnies, a trip to vet would be the best plan.

Sometimes he's got the "runs", (never badly, just a tad sometimes) other times not. It just seems like every time he goes, hes got something on his butt.

What I don't get is that even when his poo's aren't the slightest bit runny, he still gets some on himself. :-?

Guest Anonymous

Styker is like Cricket and leaves tootsite rolls.. lol i've never had a problem, but then again he's not a fluffy pom, he's got long flat hair..... i dont trim him, and he doesn't seem to have a problem

My neighbor has a Keeshound who used to come over to play with Jackie until I got Maya, and she always had poop on her butt. And the bad thing is that she was spoiled rotten and she wouldn't let them touch her butt! They had to wipe her butt as she was running by! LOL! They love their dog, but they're pretty clueless.

Here's Jackie and her friend, Mazie.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VQDdAkQZXCKdQwmWD!oqYkUjAmWS548qm4KoSZTNqbx3xRj7gPeyF3Bn8*WIny*n9ef0gWX7oQhYVUfh3!Jsv4zbKoqp4QDTivaYwEcO3CkmEtKYG8BipJAtVdSpFBAF/DCP_0002_1.JPG?dc=4675524961838199495[/img]

Awww, cute pic.

Conner lets you clean him off, (he hasn't gotten too spoiled yet), hes so little he fits right in the sink, but its just annoying to have to bathing him. A little sad to, cause I can barely ever hold him anymore. My mom says its a puppy thing, and that Max had the same problem when he was little, so I'll see, maybe he'll grow out of it. :roll: