Dogomania

is this typical of a doberman pupp

dobedo

i just got back from puppy class with my four month old female dobe. when i put her down to play with the other puppis i noticed that she was more intrested in playing with the chew toys then playing with the other puppies. i also noticed that she is a lot more calm and mellow then the other puppies which consists of a pit bull, 2 german shepards, a lab. sheltie, boxer, and brindel. theother puppies were alot more hyper and were all over the place while mine just played with the chew toys. i talked to the trainer after the class and she told that this is normal behavior of a dobe. she said that dobes are very reserved when it comes to playing with other dogs and this is normal for their breed. are there any other dobe owners who agree with this. she didnt seem scared or shy to play, she was just more intrested in laying down and playing with the chew toys.

Completely different dog (shih tzu), exact same experience. Scout refused to play with the other dogs in his puppy class. I thought he would get over it, but he never did. To this day, he will only really play with my mother in law's dog.

I don't know if that is typical for Dobe's but I do know that there are come dogs that are just indifferent to other dogs. Is he friendly with people? My Scout ran around the room and played with the other owners along the perimeter :lol: .