Dogomania

please send goodbye wishes to PushyC@t...

courtnek

he's about done in. He revived with different food and loving, but now he's about spent. I have to put him on the counter to eat, when I lift him off he goes straight to sleep. he's 17 1/2. he wakes up to eat again, and thats it. he's been vetted repeatedly, there is nothing wrong with him, he's just old.....

I think he will go soon. please wish him a pleasant goodbye. I know that sounds asinine, but I have been wishing gim a pleasant farewell....

am I bad? I wish for him to go quietly, in his sleep...no pain, no euthanasia...thats how I want to go...the vet says he's on no pain, and shows no sign of it.....

*sob*

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest Anonymous

You are not bad, evil or anything else for wishing for him to go peacefully in his sleep

I am sending thoughts for a pleasant passing for him.

HUGS to you and your family.

Have a peaceful journey, Pushycat, when that time ultimately comes.

Hugs to you, Court. All I ever wish for any of mine is that, when their time comes, they go peacefully in their sleep. I think that's normal and if it's not, we're "weird" together. I'll keep you and Pushy in my thoughts.

Sweet passing, Pushyc@t.

The boys and I send hugs to you, Courtnek, and hope that his passing is gentle and calm. You are doing the last good thing you can do for your faithful friend by letting him go at home naturally. What more can anyone ask? :(

When he is gone take joy in remembering all the times he lived up to his name. My thoughts are with you during this time.

:o :o :o :o

I think all your prayers and well wishes did some good, in exactly the opposite of what I had asked for...

he's been lethargic, tired and sleeping almost constantly for two weeks, thats why I thought his time was coming. Today, for the first time, he is up and moving about. even jumped on the counter to eat on his own, and
got nasty with Ford for trying to steal his food....

:P :P :P

so obviously, (at least in MY mind) he heard all your farewell wishes and said "Bite me.....I aint going ANYWHERE yet...."

well, even at this age, he has proven again he earned his name...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks everyone for the well wishes....who knows how long he will hold out if he thinks we are telling him goodbye...

Sheesh, I've missed all the Pushy news, but I'm so glad he seems to be doing better. I hope that he continues to improve, and that when his time does eventually come, it is as peaceful as you wish. I did want to add that reading this reminds me of our cat, who, about 18 months ago we nearly had PTS because he was rapidly declining in health, stumbling around, losing weight, etc. Had him in to be checked out, nothing. We all said our goodbyes, and my mom took him in to have it done, only to call several hours later and tell me he'd gotten a reprieve, the attending vet thought he had some sort of respiratory infection, and put him on antibiotics. He recovered, and is still going. He's thin, a bit feeble, and content to just lay around most of the time, but still has the same :evilbat: spirit as ever, so as long as he seems to be doing ok, he'll stay with us. Just wanted to let you know that sometimes when we think they've thrown in the towel, they turn around and prove us wrong, I hope it's the case for Pushy too!