Dogomania

PuppyFinder- edited by K

Guest Anonymous

from what i have read, pseudo eclampsia is prevent by giving a calcium suppliment DURING AND AFTER birth.
and giving a calcium supliment before can make it worse

considering i dont know what you did, i'm just telling you what i read...

everything i have read says that by giving a calcium suppliment during and after birth can prevent it, if the bitch does come down with pseudo eclampsia, giving a calcium shot brings her back to normal.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I’ve said plenty of times before, nothing in life is black and white. We need to understand that and judge each instance on it’s own merits rather than making blanket statements and refusing to take circumstances into account.

In most cases the general rule is that bitches should be at least 2 years of age before being bred, however in my opinion Kiwi had a valid reason for breeding before that age. The amount of time, work and dedication she puts into the Bull Terrier breed is unbelievable, and I can’t understand how someone could seriously call her a BYB.

Even if you don’t agree with her reason for breeding younger it doesn’t automatically make her a BYB. All that means is that there is an element to her breeding program you don’t agree with.

Now, going back to the original posts from Mars&Venus. To me the single most important thing that a breeder needs to do, is take full responsibility for any dogs that come into this world because of them.

Seriously, if a person does that, and can guarantee me to the best of their ability that none of the dogs that they have bred will end up in a shelter then I can take or leave the rest of the stuff.

Would I personally buy a puppy from a breeder that doesn’t health test or show or have full involvement in the breed? No way, but that doesn’t mean I think this person is the scum of the earth and that they should be banned from a message board for being a BYB. If they are willing to take 100% responsibility for all dogs for all of their lives then that is a good enough start. Maybe if they hang around and interact with other breeders who do all the testing and showing etc they may change their mind along the way.

I am sure this has been asked before, but anyway...why do we need "game" dogs? What is their purpose? Before you start rabbiting on about how there are lots of other dog breeds that have no particular purpose or are so far removed from their original purpose that it may as well not count, why do you need a dog-aggressive dog that you can't even keep legally in most parts of the world, or if you can keep them, are subject to so many restrictions it's not worth the effort? That if said dog makes one false move that may not be considered so bad in a different dog breed, it's curtains for that dog? That you have to keep separated from your other dogs, if you have them, most of the time? Why do you need a dog, if it is to be kept so true to the original intentions of the founders of the breed, needs to be *fought* to be considered worthy? Where is the allure in that?

I will reiterate that dog fighting, no matter how much you try to pretty it up and say, "awww, it's done as humanely as possible etc etc etc", is still dog fighting and it's still [i]illegal[/i]. Just like rape. Rape is rape, no matter if it's because you're drunk or tired and can't be bothered fighting your boyfriend off or if some knife-wielding maniac grabs you down a dark alley.

[quote name='bk_blue']I am sure this has been asked before, but anyway...why do we need "game" dogs? What is their purpose? Before you start rabbiting on about how there are lots of other dog breeds that have no particular purpose or are so far removed from their original purpose that it may as well not count, why do you need a dog-aggressive dog that you can't even keep legally in most parts of the world, or if you can keep them, are subject to so many restrictions it's not worth the effort? That if said dog makes one false move that may not be considered so bad in a different dog breed, it's curtains for that dog? That you have to keep separated from your other dogs, if you have them, most of the time? Why do you need a dog, if it is to be kept so true to the original intentions of the founders of the breed, needs to be *fought* to be considered worthy? Where is the allure in that?

I will reiterate that dog fighting, no matter how much you try to pretty it up and say, "awww, it's done as humanely as possible etc etc etc", is still dog fighting and it's still [i]illegal[/i]. Just like rape. Rape is rape, no matter if it's because you're drunk or tired and can't be bothered fighting your boyfriend off or if some knife-wielding maniac grabs you down a dark alley.[/quote]

YES!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Michele! :)

[quote name='DogPaddle'][quote] I think if someone cant see the difference between those ways, that person is being ignorant. [/quote]
In what way do you mean ignorant? It has always really pissed me off when people decide that because I don't agree with them I am either:
a) too stupid to get it
b) don't know what I'm talking about
c) trying to be difficult

I have read all of Hmmmm's explanations. I have done plenty of independent research including sources that are not anti dog fighting. I am an intelligent and compassionate person and I didn't come to the same conclusion as you - so that makes me ignorant?

[b]Is the way Hmmmm fights her dogs different from the way other people do - yes;[/b] does that make it a different thing altogether - no. And it doesn't make it right just because its different, its still dog fighting and in my own opinion, that isn't cool.

edited to be bit more diplomatic :lol:[/quote]

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I bolded what I meant people are ignorant for not realizing. There is a big difference between what she and other professionals do and all those "gangsters" do. I wouldnt call someone ignorant for disagreeing with what Hmmmm does. Im not [i]that[/i] closed-minded! :lol: I really am very open-minded. Being here, you have to be. :wink:

[quote name='bk_blue'] am sure this has been asked before, but anyway...why do we need "game" dogs? What is their purpose? Before you start rabbiting on about how there are lots of other dog breeds that have no particular purpose or are so far removed from their original purpose that it may as well not count, why do you need a dog-aggressive dog that you can't even keep legally in most parts of the world, or if you can keep them, are subject to so many restrictions it's not worth the effort? That if said dog makes one false move that may not be considered so bad in a different dog breed, it's curtains for that dog? That you have to keep separated from your other dogs, if you have them, most of the time? Why do you need a dog, if it is to be kept so true to the original intentions of the founders of the breed, needs to be *fought* to be considered worthy? Where is the allure in that?

I will reiterate that dog fighting, no matter how much you try to pretty it up and say, "awww, it's done as humanely as possible etc etc etc", is still dog fighting and it's still illegal. Just like rape. Rape is rape, no matter if it's because you're drunk or tired and can't be bothered fighting your boyfriend off or if some knife-wielding maniac grabs you down a dark alley.[/quote]

I think its worth it to have game dogs despite all the BS(L) and bad publicity pits are getting. Besides its not the properly bred APBTs doing the biting and really its usually not even APBTs at all. Just mixes and other dogs being mislabeled. Game APBTs make great working dogs and companions. Not all of them are dog-aggressive either. Hmmmm stated before that there are dogs that know when to fight and when not to. Its definitely a disaster in the wrong hands but so are a lot of breeds. In the right hands you wouldnt have to worry about them making "one false move" because a responsible person wouldnt allow it to happen.

As Ive stated before, rolling a dog isnt as bad as you would think. Yes it is illegal and yes it is almost always looked down upon, but in order to keep the REAL APBT alive, it must be done. Now I have no problem with allowing the breed to die-out or only breed gamebred dogs, but not prove gameness, because I have never met an [i]actual[/i] APBT. Ive met what, I figure, is close to the real thing, but considering he lost a fight, Im assuming hes not game. If I ever do meet the real thing, Im afraid there wont be any going back! :lol: I cried at the pics of Tage Hmmmm posted so I cant even imagine how much I would cry when I actually witness all their amazing personality.

I understand that you all have an image of your head of fighting and its disturbing, I know, but thats not what rolling is like. In matches, sure dogs can get injured, or even killed, but I know Hmmmm would pull her dog if she thought her dog was going to die. From reading, I know not all dogmen are like that but I trust what she has said about what she does. Maybe I shouldnt, but I respect that shes trying to keep the real Pit Bull alive and thriving. Not too long ago I thought the same thing as the rest of you but after talking with her, things changed.

I'm sorry we offended the Ho Bag's fragile sensibility :lol: Oh my I hope she doesn't get the vapors!

Seriously, It was a good little civil conversation, yes it was a re-hash of a re-hash etc. But I just really liked bk's post because it put into words what I have been thinking ... and I also like CC's post, it was very articulate even though I don't agree with some of what she's saying (other than maybe she shouldn't feel the way she does about it ... ya-DUH!) :fadein:

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']Well, all that matters is you think my post was articulate! :lol: I could care less if people disagree with me. I expect it so whatever. :P[/quote]

"Whatever" back atcha babe. Your posts are more than articulate, they are well thought out and you respect other people's opinins. Very cool. 8)