Dogomania

PuppyFinder- edited by K

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

AAP... Yes, I do. I test for everything. I posted it in the last thread about me.

And for the record... None of my dogs are aggressive.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]You call animal control on people. It's in threads. [/quote]
Yes look in the threads. We call Animal Control on people for the conditions in which they keep their dogs or mistreatment and only within the bounds of the law (of course different ACs have different mandates, laws and powers) which most of us are aware of.

[quote]and just being a responsible breeder does not mean nothing bad will ever come to you. You all need on your gravestones the words "I am a responsible breeder" [/quote]
Are you psychotic? What does any of this have to do with our eventual demises? Are you threatening people? Of course being a responsible breeder won't protect [b]YOU[/b] from "bad" things or death but its not about protecting [b]YOU[/b] from death its about being responsible and protecting animals from mistreatment. Sheesh, egocentric much?

[quote]It is really sad when a post is getting deleted because of who posted it rather then what it said.[/quote]
No it isn't sad, its part of the forum rules - you do enough to get banned then you don't get to post anymore that is what banning is all about.

[quote]I am a strong believer in the “To each its own” philosophy, so I am not quick to judge.[/quote]
I know people like you in the real world. The think they are of strong moral character because they "don't judge people." I think they have no values. Like a fellow I knew at work who was friends with white supremists and when asked why he said "I don't judge my friends based on their values or opinions, I don't judge people." :o

[quote]I believe that the best way to improve a breed and find out about problems that may lurk in the genes is through multiple breeding of what works,...Having 12 litters a year will only speed up the process and will give you a good idea of what your line produces.[/quote]
OK that must be plain old troll bait because no one could really think it would be ok to produce hundreds perhaps thousands of dogs to "find out about problems that may lurk in the genes" when genetic testing and breeding on proven, titled, correct dogs would work instead.[/b]

As for Kiwi and Hmmmm - some people agree with each of them, some have reservations with either of them and some disagree with either of them sometimes quite strongly. The point is that they don't throw huge fits or claim we are all crackpots or dog nazis or whatever. (At least very little and mostly at each other :lol: ) So a mutual dialogue about the things we disagree about is still possible and they aren't just trolling.
I myself disagree vehemently with Hmmmm's practices and we've had some rows over it but the rows were over our opinions on the practice and no ban was necassary. I still hold out hope of changing her mind, although it is a slight hope :lol: , and presumably she holds out hope that I'll see the light or doesn't care that I disagree. Either way more purpose is served by her remaining here.

Guest Anonymous

DogPaddle,

You sure have a way of twisting words.

If you quote me, try to use the whole quote instead of twisting my words.
[quote] I am a strong believer in the “To each its own” philosophy, so I am not quick to judge. [b] I tend to take a more optimistic view of people and give them the benefit of the doubt when I do not know all the facts.[/b] [/quote]
That omitted sentence says it all.

How do you think breeds were developed in the first place? Health screening and showing is important and take out a lot of the guess work, but it is certainly not enough. There are many problems that today’s genetic screening can not detect or predict. Hip dysplasia for example can pop up after 8 generations of HD free breeding. No test can predict that. Years of selective breeding in addition to health screening are both important to improve on a breed. That is FACT.

Guest Anonymous

[quote] REAL BREEDERS dont throw two dogs together just cause they like their dogs. [/quote]
Niether do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS dont breed for money. [/quote]
Ok, you got me there.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS do health tests. [/quote]
So do I
[quote] REAL BREEDERS have contracts. [/quote]
So do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS make sure their pups go to good homes. [/quote]
So do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS know what to put their pups on to keep them clean. [/quote]
So do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS dont breed pups under 2 years of age. [/quote]
Niether do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS don't fight their dogs. [/quote]
Well, I don’t. Do you?

What do you know, I am a real breeder after all. :lol:

Hmmmm, 7 out of 8, same as you. I know you don’t like to be compared to me, but hey, if the shoe fits...

There is so much I want to say, but it will just get deleted, so what is the point.

V&M, Neom and Kiwi (I think) ;) thanks for your support.

See you all in my next incarnation.

[quote]If you quote me, try to use the whole quote instead of twisting my words.
Quote:
I am a strong believer in the “To each its own” philosophy, so I am not quick to judge. I tend to take a more optimistic view of people and give them the benefit of the doubt when I do not know all the facts.

That omitted sentence says it all. [/quote]

No the omitted sentence doesn't say it all, it is merely a modifyer or a justification. You think that by not judging you are more optimistic, I think its not taking a strong moral stance. As for knowing all the facts - people asked for them and got told they were interrogating.

As for how breeds were developed in the first place - yes I do know. And a great majority of them were developed or finalized by careful breeding of SHOWN and TITLED animals working and otherwise. Now of course we have genetic testing which can eliminate some but not all, of course, health problems and greatly reduce the number of unhealthy animals and greatly reduce the number of animals needed in a breeding program SO WE SHOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT.

[quote name='banished'][quote] REAL BREEDERS dont throw two dogs together just cause they like their dogs. [/quote]
Niether do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS dont breed for money. [/quote]
Ok, you got me there.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS do health tests. [/quote]
So do I
[quote] REAL BREEDERS have contracts. [/quote]
So do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS make sure their pups go to good homes. [/quote]
So do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS know what to put their pups on to keep them clean. [/quote]
So do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS dont breed pups under 2 years of age. [/quote]
Niether do I.
[quote] REAL BREEDERS don't fight their dogs. [/quote]
Well, I don’t. Do you?

What do you know, I am a real breeder after all. :lol:

Hmmmm, 7 out of 8, same as you. I know you don’t like to be compared to me, but hey, if the shoe fits...

There is so much I want to say, but it will just get deleted, so what is the point.

V&M, Neom and Kiwi (I think) ;) thanks for your support.

See you all in my next incarnation.[/quote]

7 out of 8 isnt good enough and i highly doubt you do the 7 you say you do anywayz, cause if you did you'd have to sell your puppies for a hell of alot of money to make a profit

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='DogPaddle'][quote] [/quote]
Yes look in the threads. We call Animal Control on people for the conditions in which they keep their dogs or mistreatment and only within the bounds of the law (of course different ACs have different mandates, laws and powers) which most of us are aware of.[/quote]

[color=orange]quote from Roxy_GSD in another thread:[/color]
I was shocked at his poor knowledge of the breed.His dogs had a very very very steeply sloping backline!(The back legs were half the size of the front!!)I only got to see the dogs through the cage,he wouldn't take them out!

She did not call animal control for "conditions in which they keep their dogs or mistreatment and only within the bounds of the law". She called because she did not think he knew enough about the breed and because his dogs did not fit the standard to a T! Of course, no dogs were taken from him cause they were not in a bad way.

You call animal control on people just to give them grief. You abuse the system. It's every bit as bad as people making false statements to child protective services just to give someone a hard time. You so easily call animal control cause someone is not following your ideology! That doesn't strike you as nazi like??? People called the gestapo on people not following hitlers ideology.

[url=http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=19916&highlight=backline]Here[/url]
Is the thread you were referring to.

The original poster mentions nothing of Animal Control but is personally distressed that the dogs spent their life in cages.
A responder said the following although I have highlighted a key word:
[quote][color=red]if[/color] the dogs are not kept in sanitary conditions, i would contact your local animal control and report him[/quote]
So the responder might have inferred from the cages comment that the dogs were in a [b]possible[/b] unsanitary condition as is often the case with caged dogs, naturally something should be done [b]if[/b] this is the case.
However the original poster is clear to respond with this:
[quote]I did,but the pens are clean and the dogs are well fed so they didn't do anything...[/quote]
So while she was concerned about the conditions the dogs were kept in (caged) the breeder had met the bare minimum conditions when the AC looked into it.

Other posters indicated varying levels of distress that the law only requires that dogs have access to food and water and not be standing in their own filth in order to meet most by-laws. Perhaps you disagree. Do you think that dogs should be kept in small cages and deliver their pups on the wire floors of their pens, unattended in any sort of weather??

Guest Anonymous

She didn't say they spent their life in cages. She simply said the guy wouldn't take the dogs out for her to see them.

Then a responder to her post mentioned calling AC if the dogs were not kept in sanitary cages.

What you did not take notice of is the fact that she had already called the AC. Passed tense. (" [b]I did[/b],but the pens are clean and the dogs are well fed so they didn't do anything...") So she was calling because how the breeder did things she just didn't like, NOT because any laws were broken.

In past posts I have mentioned that I did not think it was right to have dogs in cages 24/7. I also said I personally like very clean cages. [b]I was saying that calling AC on someone for ideology differences is wrong.[/b]

No she didn't say that. Although knowing how people post here we can assume that is what she meant - I certainly took it that way. Further, if she called the AC she must have thought there was some infraction - possibly the pens themselves as there are by-laws regarding that in certain areas. So calling the AC is reasonable. Additionally if she called and complained that the animals were penned and the AC went out then they must have been concerned too. You see if you call the AC and tell them someone dyed the poodle blue they would tell you its no big deal and not go out, they are busy, they only go out when they are concerned.

As for calling the AC based on ideology - I see no problem. Some people think it is ok to keep dogs penned in wire bottomed cages all the time, some don't, some ACs will cite for it and some won't - thinking wire bottomed pens is cruel is an ideology. Some people don't think dogs need dog houses even in freezing weather, some do, almost all ACs do and will cite for it - this is also opposing ideologies. Just because people can civilly discuss their opinions and just because you might not discriminate based on these things doesn't meen that the law doesn't.

Guest Anonymous

First off... I am not going to go through and justify myself with yet another post about me. If anyone has any questions, they can look up the thread a couple weeks ago, or the one a few weeks before that, or the one before that... on and on...
Kiwi, I could care less what you think. You are a BYB and just looking for fingers to point.

[quote]mars&venus - You are trying to move the topic away from yourself by pointing fingers at everyone else on this board. It's not going to work.[/quote]
Thats what they do best. It sure isnt breeding!

Edited... MAJOR typo!

I am NOT posting to this thread...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK I am too weak. Neom / M&V / Norma / banished ...

Bans aren't imposed on people "we" disagree with ... hell, we all disagree with each other ALL the time. Bans are imposed on trolls, which is what you (or "all" of you) are.

I vote ban on all of the above.

mars&venus i wanted to post so badly a good "warm" answer to being called "nazi" by you. Israelian known around the world as really short dempered people and it toke me a week from the first "nazi" calling to cool down enough. as a breeder, as a jehw AND as somone that from his moters side everyone except my grandpa and his big sister where erased from this world you really dont want to meet me one day ( and thats a promice )
but in the end i need to say somthing :lol:

sorry but i dont bored so much ( or desperate ) to read all this 12 ( ! ) pages so my contribution to this subject ends here 8)

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Kiwi'][quote name='Hmmmm']First off... I am not going to go through and justify myself with yet another post about me. If anyone has any questions, they can look up the thread a couple weeks ago, or the one a few weeks before that, or the one before that... on and on...
Kiwi, I could care less what you think. You are a BYB and just looking for fingers to point.
[/quote]

I didn't think you would offer any information about your dogs/kennel or health testing.

Shame I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but all of the things listed above are what makes a breeder - and you won't provide any information about any of them.

Go back to fighting your dogs oh reputable breeder :lol:[/quote]
Like I said... GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE OLD POSTS!! Its all there. I am not going to repeat the same info every couple of weeks. go look it up yourself.
Like I said, I could care less what you think, not one little bit...
and you know what... YOU are the BYB. But you know what? My dogs are healthier (and better taken care of) than the dogs you take care of and I would put that on anything.
Youre a dumb@ss. Im done dealing with the likes of you.
IGNORED from this moment on.