Dogomania

PuppyFinder- edited by K

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello Alex...I noticed that you dont seem to be able to read very well...so I am going to help you aout and give you the two appropriate rules to mull over before you post crap again

[b]8 ) This community is [u]against [/u]puppy mills and indiscriminate breeding - so please do not come here to try to sell your puppies/advertise your dog for stud

11) Do not use SPAM - messages that are posted here simply and solely to advertise or promote another community and/or website are not allowed. [/b]

OK...get it now?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I appologize for violating your rules. I was not trying to spam, but get in touch with breeders who might be interested.
As for the puppy mills - your [size=6][color=red]anger [/color][/size]is misplaced! Puppyfinder.com has never sold anything yet and we are creating a system to protect the buyer from just that...
Have a pleasant day.
:D
Alex
PuppyFinder.com

[quote name='Mei-Mei'][quote]There are NOreputable ,honourable,morally sound breeders who would be remotely interested in your services... any good breeder only breeds to better the breed and to fulfill a need for pups...where do you fit into that?...no where....give up now before you create another place for Puppymillers and BYB's to offload unwanted and unneccessary pups to ill prepared and inexperienced owners
[/quote]

A-friggin-men! :thumbs:[/quote]

Halefrickinluia! Good riddance to ya Alex! :eviltongue:

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K'] Puppymillers and BYB's to offload unwanted and unneccessary pups to [b]ill prepared [/b]and [b]inexperienced[/b] owners[/quote]

I'm sorry but I just had to respond. I realize the last post was in May and you might say this is an old thread. However, it was still on the first page.

Anyway, how hard is it to own a dog? As humans we have no training to raise a child. With the first child you are [b]inexperienced[/b]. We can even say many are [b]ill prepared [/b]for the responsibilities of raising a child.

The things you people want on this website is not even required to have/ raise a human child! No genetic testing. No proving your right to breed by being shown. No application to fill out to have a baby. What you want for dogs is more than is required for humans!!!

Most in the world would say humans come before animals. If a human child needs health care and the dog does too, but the owner only has money for one, the human will get the health care! In case of a life or death situation between a human and an animal, the human will be saved.

I have explained what you all want and what is considered a responsible breeder and a BYB. They don't get it. They see a dog as a pet. Not all have to be champion to enjoy as a pet.
"So all dogs have to be champion before they should be bred?" is what I am asked.
"What if the person just wants a purebred pet?"
"Then you are a BYB and not responsible" is what I tell them.

for one, humans have a choice wether to have sex and get pregnant or not.
animals dont and they should not be used as a breeding machine to make cute puppies and money.

you want a purebred dog then go to a reputable breeder, just because the reputable shows and works their dogs does not mean all the pups they have are show/work quality, alot of the pups are pet quality and are sold already spayed/neutered or on spay/neuter contracts.

or go to a rescue, 25% of all dogs in shelters are purebreds and their are numerous purebred rescues in the USA.

most people say they want a dog with papers, well those papers mean diddly squat, heck now adays papers dont even gurantee the dog is purebred because alot of people hang papers these daysg(meaning the info on the papers isnt true, usually the sire and or dam are not the real sire and dam)

people can go ahead and buy from a BYB but when their dog has hip dysplasia, eye problems, hearing problems, heart problems, etc. you better be ready to shell out a couple grand to get your doggie all better and dont go cryin to the people who warned you about BYB's and puppy mills

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='AllAmericanPUP']for one, humans have a choice wether to have sex and get pregnant or not.
animals dont and they should not be used as a breeding machine to make cute puppies and money.[/quote]

You just reminded me of something else. A bad breeder breeds the bitch over and over, [b]maybe[/b] skipping a heat here and there. Well, if they were on the street they would get knocked up every heat. That is just nature. Would that not mean it is natural for dogs and cats to get knocked up often? [u]Oh, don't go thinking that I think it is right to get knocked up heat after heat[/u]. It isn't good and it ends up with over population.

So what if humans have a choice! I understand about dogs being used as breeding machines, but I don't see how this choice really plays into what I said on my previous post. Yes, I did get that dogs cannot choose.

Buying from a BYB is not a sure guarantee that the dog will have health problems. I am all for rescue dogs. Shelter dogs. I am not stuck on pure breds only. I don't think anyone holds a gun to anyones head to make them buy a purebred and not a shelter or rescue dog.

Some breeds are way over bred. In shelters I see tons of pits. Purebred pits and pit mixes. Dachshunds are way over bred. There are some breeds that aren't and are hard to get such as bull terriers (spuds).

Guest Anonymous

First off.. You cant compare people to dogs, that has been and always will be one of the most ridiculous arguements.
Second... We dont need training to take care of a child. Women have an instinct that kicks in when they have children.
[quote]Anyway, how hard is it to own a dog?[/quote]
Ummm.. Do you have a dog??
[quote]Most in the world would say humans come before animals. If a human child needs health care and the dog does too, but the owner only has money for one, the human will get the health care! In case of a life or death situation between a human and an animal, the human will be saved. [/quote]
As it should be.

Guest Anonymous

Hummmm. We have agreed that humans rank higher than animals. Then why all the testing, showing and so on is expected for the[b] lower [/b]specie? You just call what I said ridiculous. It is only because you know it's true. And I do own a number of dogs and I'll tell you, dogs are way easier to raise than humans! I am talking proper raising of humans. Not those that sit them in front of the TV or let them stay out til all hours (cause they want them out of their hair).

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Pumpkin the musher']children is a choice and do so because you must follow the life script. .[/quote]

Life script does not demand that dogs be genetically tested before they can breed. Does not say if you do not prove your dog in show they should not be bred. So on and so on. If you do not you will be branded as a BYB. That is the life script you people on this site made up!!!!! We should be able to make the choice about animal testing and so on, and if the choice is not to test, the person should not be put down for their choice. Or black balled and I am not talking blue balls! Black ball means to exclude from membership (membership into the righteous breeder/responsible breeder club).

Guest Anonymous

Ravyn,

The post was very nice. Fact of the matter is that you and many others impose their values and standards on others. I think I can safely say most people do not like religious folk trying to put their values and standareds on others, trying to make laws according to their values. You want animal laws according to your values. What is worse is if someone disagree's with you, they are blackballed. Labeling people as BYB's because they do not go with your beliefs, standards and values is just plain wrong! Not everyone has to do things like you so deal with it. Accept it. Give up the prejudice, and blackballing.

Nice sidetepping the question. :roll: You have had a litter in the past, right?

I don't understand why you would want to breed less than an exceptional dog. Why? You can't better the breed if you don't know the quality of your breeding stock, and to do that you have to compare them to others of the same breed. You should be breeding because you love the breed, obviously you don't.

I can and will label you a BYB.

[quote]Fact of the matter is that you and many others impose their values and standards on others. I think I can safely say most people do not like religious folk trying to put their values and standareds on others, trying to make laws according to their values. You want animal laws according to your values.[/quote]

Just a little clarification and differentiation for you:

Societies are defined as "A group of humans broadly distinguished from other groups by mutual interests, participation in characteristic relationships, shared institutions, and a common culture." from dictionary.com

Societies don't just happen they are built. Usually a common set of ideals and beliefs predominate. In todays societies many people feel that a single religous group should not hold sway as there is sooooo much diversity. However, most people feel that there still should be a set of rules reflecting a general morality, restricted not by any one group, but representing the best intentions of the whole in general. And in fact morals that you find in diverse religeons are reflected in the general secular morals of the broader society - such as not killing.

These morals are not plucked out of the air, nor are they static, they change and grow and presumably progress towards a more fair, equitable and humane society - one that we would not be embarrassed to be part of, especially when we are one day evaluated by our succesors. Change does not occur broadly all at once, that doesn't mean it isn't good of course but almost all societal changes start small and then grow as awarness is raised.

What you are railing about is based on good solid facts, a desire to improve the humane treatment of companion animals, and a desire to make owning companion animals a realistic option in our crowded world. It puts responsibility and humane principles ahead of self interest or whimsical desire. Granted not everyone shares the view but then not everyone has looked into it, visited petfinder, realized why so many pets are euthanized or dumped at shelters. It takes committed people to bring awarness to society so that society can come to an informed consensus and make positive changes. What we are asking is really not onerous but it does require people to set aside self interest in favour of humaneness and responsibility.

Why then would it bother you? What about it is sooo bad or difficult?

What really is the other side of the argument? That some people want to breed so they should be able to without being encouraged to meet some standard, without being pressured to do so in a humane and responsible way? Should we just say to hell with all those animals in shelters and treat animals like fashion accessories? Should we churn out a pile of unhealthy animals, or a pile of animals with bad temperments? Should the non-pet owning members of sodiety have to deal with the fallout from that?

You don't agree - that's your perogative. However, don't try to tell people they are intrusive for trying to do good, trying to raise awareness.

Guest Anonymous

I would just like to say....
As a breeder, a reputable one, I dont understand the whole BYB thing. I dont get how someone can throw two dogs together and have litter after litter. And, not find anything wrong with doing it.
If we can control the quality of dogs out there, why wouldnt we. It assures less problems. If you breed two dogs with health issues, temperment issues, etc.. then you are just putting more dogs out there like that. More dogs end up being in shelters and put down.
A BYB, like yourself, really should take a look at the surrounding issues. I find it incredibly sad you dont find anything wrong with it.
If the only people who were breeding were the breeders who take pride in putting out high quality dogs, taking care that only healthy dogs with good temperments, etc... were bred there would be much less of a problem.
Also, why do you keep comparing humans and our issues with dogs and dog issues? People throwing their religion at others is much different than someone telling a BYB what they are doing is wrong...
You are being incrdibly ridiculous, and I agree with AAP, your argument IS empty and pointless.
Nothing you can say can make being a BYB a good thing.

Guest Anonymous

You are assuming I do not care about health and temperment. I do. On this sites list of what a responsible breeder is I only can check a few I do not follow:

[color=orange]1. does not use color as a selling point [/color]

I do charge more for some colors, but they are [b]always[/b] breed standard.

[color=orange]2.health tests all his dogs before breeding [/color]

I do not do all genetic tests possible.

[color=orange]3.only breeds titled dogs that have been proven to fit the breed standard to a T and will improve the breed due to having a sound body and temperment [/color]
[color=#444444][/color][color=#444444][/color]

I am given a hard time from those that know me because [b]I care more about animals than I do humans. [/b] I have been to third world countries and the poor animals on the streets broke my heart more than the beggers did. I didn't give to the beggers, I gave food to the dogs and cats!!

Purposefully hurting an animal is unacceptable. I already know you will say breeding a dog without genetic tests makes bad offspring. Life does not come with a guarantee that living things will all be sickness free all their life. Starving an animal, fighting an animal (even cock fighting) is purposefully harming them. You cannot hurt humans or you will have to answer to the law and same should go with animals. Laws to protect animals are needed. Trying to make law that an animal has to be gentically tested and match the breed to a T is taking it too far. That is not required for horses, chickens, bunnies, cows and so on. H*** we purposefully even kill them for us to eat! In some countries they even eat dogs!

Anyway, I have gotten past the name BYB. Even show dogs have been mistreated and abused. I feed my dogs well. They are fat and happy. They have a clean house to live in (yes I even look for ways to make it even cleaner [url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=20763&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url] ). They live indoors. No small cages. They all go outside and play. Get lots of hugs and kisses. Treats. Beds. Clean, green free water bowls. Lot's of health care. The animal hospital knows me well. My conscience is clear. My animals have a great life. I talk about my dogs all the time and friends are sick of it. I cannot help it. I think of them all the time and are in love with them.

What you call me means little to me. I do not agree with all you have written. Well laid out, but no influence. I am sure many disagree with you but just never post because they know they will get blasted.

Guest Anonymous

I am not going to do a big long response. I don't need to. Not everyone is interested in the whole showing game. I have people in my life that I want in my life. I have no time for snobby people. I spent a good part of my life with people I despised. I have made a promise to myself that I will never go through that again. I avoid games, snobs and stress.

Look, some people are into the whole show thing. They love it. Good for them. I do not love it. The whole game does not appeal to me. I am beginning to see what people were saying about dog nazis. I think I've found them in dog-o-mania.

Guest Anonymous

Excuse me but I did not directly call any user a nazi. I have heard about dog nazis from other sites. When I came here I figured out what they were talking about. They do exist. And hey, the president has been called a nazi (public newspapers and on TV. [i]Very public[/i])and no one tracked down those people and took them out! Come on, we all know what is meant by nazi. It does not mean one is actually a member of that political party. The word nazi is used by many simply to mean someone very radical in their beliefs, some to the point of blowing up opposing organizations. Others simply use their words to bomb someone who opposes those beliefs.

If dog-o-mania chooses to ban me, then they will.

PS. I can tolarate questions, but I will not tolerate interrogation.

[quote]the president has been called a nazi (public newspapers and on TV. Very public)and no one tracked down those people and took them out[/quote]
And no one is suggesting that you be tracked down and taken out either. Sheeesh.

[quote]Come on, we all know what is meant by nazi. It does not mean one is actually a member of that political party.[/quote]
So you are clear that you aren't accusing us of having a paticular political affiliation but rather would like to assure us you meant the colloquial meaning which would be a facist who uses violence and oppression to achieve their means - geee thanks for re-assuring us.

[quote]I avoid games, snobs and stress. [/quote]
For someone who thinks we are snobs you sure do seem to have put a lot of effort into convincing us that what you do is ok. As for games - no one here is playing.

[quote]Look, some people are into the whole show thing. They love it. Good for them. I do not love it. The whole game does not appeal to me.[/quote]
You still don't get it - it's not a game, it's not a preference, it's not something done for pleasure or as a recreation (although some people do enjoy it.) This isn't an egocentric, "but I don't feel like doing that" sort of issue, its's an issue of what is responsible.