Dogomania

Pooh Bear has to go back to the vet today :(

Pooh Bear's leg is hurting more today, and he's also pulled out a few stitches. So I'm taking him back to the vet in a few hours and they'll probably put a couple staples in his wound. He'll probably have to wear his cone all the time now. Poor little guy. I was hoping he would only have to wear that when I'm gone. I've been putting the bitter apple spray around (but not on) his wound to keep him from licking it, and it worked for a while.

I have to go to work tonight and tomorrow, but I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off for my horse's show. The show is only about 25 minutes away so I'll still be able to spend lots of time with Pooh Bear and the girls before and after the show each day. I wish I could keep spending 24 hours a day with Pooh Bear.

I wish I could wrinkle my nose like on Bewitched and make him all better. :(

Poor little pooh bear. Sounds like he is having a rough go of his new life with you, but in the end all will be well. Hope he gets to feeling better. The cone will only be a temporary fashion statement. Good Luck hope he recovers quickly.

I took him to the vet, and there were two gorgeous German Shepherds there, and Pooh Bear just went nuts barking! The GS dogs were perfectly quiet and looking at Pooh Bear like "won't you shut up?" LOL. Finally one of the assistants took Pooh Bear to the back until they were ready for him because he was driving everyone nuts. On the way back, he was jumping up and down, and the assistant said "come on little boy who just had hip surgery." They put 2 staples in and said that he's doing great.

But now he looks just pathetic. He has to be a conehead now until the stitches come out. I put it on him as soon as we got home so he can have it on a few minutes before I have to leave him in his crate to go to work. He just jumped up on the sofa, so he's starting to figure it out.

So actually, he's doing great considering he just had surgery 4 days ago. You know how worried moms get.

I'll take some pictures of him as conehead the barbarian tonight when I get home from work.